• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Scion Xa Detail - 56k prepare to breathe heavy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Scion Xa Detail - 56k prepare to breathe heavy!

Well, I finally got the chance to use the Turtle Wax Liquid Claybar on a vehicle that really needed it to compare it to the results to a traditional clay system. In doing so I decided to go ahead and "detail" the vehicle. The process took about 6 hours, all by hand. I really need a machine.

Vehicle: My mothers 2006 Scion Xa
    Process:
    - Wash at a touchless car wash as I have no driveway and live in an apartment complex.
    - While wet I used the TW Liquid Claybar, rinsed, and then used Meguiars claybar system. See below for the Turtle Wax Review.
    - After drying I used DC#1.
    - Followed with ScratchX, more "passion" was needed in some areas than in others.
    - 1 coat of Meguiars Cleaner Wax.
    - 1 coat of EagleOne Nano Wax.
    - 1 coat (spray and wipe really) of NXT Spray Wax
    - Meguiars Exterior Trim Detailer and Hot Shine tire spray for exterior stuff

I am fairly pleased with the results.

Photos: Before

During:

After:

Remember that scratch?

Even did a once over on the engine bay...quickly:

Turtle Wax Review:
    This product is only worth it to those vehicles that have a fairly clean paint job and the owner wants to "quick(ly) clay" his vehicle. If there is heavy buildup than the Liquid Ice Claybar probably will not get all of the contaminants off.

After using the Liquid Claybar the Xa finish felt smooth and there was zero water beading. But I figured I would go ahead with the claybar anyways and the above photo shows some of the contaminants still on the paint. Additionally, for the price (although I bought it on sale) a Meguiars Claybar set is a better deal simply because of the amount of product you receive in the box.

It should be noted that the Turtle Wax does work, just not as well as a traditional claybar. The product goes on smooth and would be great as an "introduction" of what claying can bring.

Re: Blue Scion Xa Detail - 56k prepare to breathe heavy!

Looks good!

Thanks for the review of the liquid clay bar also.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
      Looks good!

Thanks for the review of the liquid clay bar also.
      !! Thanks, I wanted to try it, but looks like I'll pass on it...

Thanks again, and great work, looks good!!
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Wow, is that all by hand? =]

Comment

Looks great. Good work. Thanks for the review on the liquid claybar.Once again stick with megs.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Yes, that is a quality review showing what is still left on the paint.

Incidently, as the clay bar turns brown from dirt spots, did the liquid turn brown or anything, or any way to tell it was grabbing stuff?
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by EV0B0Y691 View Post
              Wow, is that all by hand? =]
              Yep. All by hand. I think that the car would have come out better had I had a DA. This car had numerous scratches some of which I just couldn't get out.

Incidently, as the clay bar turns brown from dirt spots, did the liquid turn brown or anything, or any way to tell it was grabbing stuff?
              Nope. It's actually kind of difficult to see what this stuff does. The included foam pad is used for application and I just don't think it provides enough aggressiveness to get the bonded stuff off of the finish.

The Liquid Claybar does go on smoothly and removes easily though.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Comment

Nice job the car!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');