• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matte black paint care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matte black paint care

I was reading an automotive news blog today and saw a post about the Dodge/Mopar Challenge Super Sport concept car. This is a speial performance edition of the retro-inspired dodge challenger that is upcoming. this reminded me of a question I had earlier that I had forgotten.

How do you care for matte black paint? Dodge uses it on their Daytona trims on the current Charger and will be using it on the Challenger as well. I don't have this car, but was curious and would like to know for the future, how you would treat these paints? Does anyone know if they have clearcoat or are they single-stage?

Thanks!

Re: Matte black paint care

I don't know about the automotive matte black paint but a friend of mine had a custom motorcycle with matte black paint and clearcoat and I used NXT wax on it and it came out really nice. I was unsure about using it at first but after I did, you could really see a difference. It didn't come out shiny but gave it a lot more depth.

Mike
    Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
    ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

would u have to tape it off when buffing w/ 80/83 in case u accidently made it shinny? hahahaha that sounds kinda funny....but yah... would accidently buffing it make it loose the flatness?

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post
        would u have to tape it off when buffing w/ 80/83 in case u accidently made it shinny? hahahaha that sounds kinda funny....but yah... would accidently buffing it make it loose the flatness?
        I wouldn't think it would if it was clear coated. But I'm not a paint man either, I just make them shine!

Mike
        Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
        ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');