• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Detail 98 GMC Sierra P/U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Detail 98 GMC Sierra P/U

You may remember me from a couple of weeks ago. I attempted to polish out the P/U in 34 degree weather. I quit after a test spot and after sage advice from the forum consoling me to wait for warmer days . . . I cooled my heels by watching the Detailing for Dummies DVD.

Well, this weekend was perfect. I washed, Clayed (boy was the old girl dirty), buffed with #80, followed with NXT. In the words of Borat, "wa, wa, wa, wa"! Unbelievable! The hard water stains disappeared, as did the swirls and other assorted imperfections I managed to pick up over the years.

My wife (who never forgave me for marrying her) came out after I was done applying the #80 and said, "Wow, that really shines" I can't tell you how rare it is for her to say anything positive. A neighbor wanted to know if I bought a new pick up.

Inspired I hit my 99 Honda Accord next. It is heather mist so it doesn't "pop" as much as the P/U, but I am very satisfied.

I took before and after shots, but I had a soft focus on my before shots. I guess I was too excited to get started. I included the after shots.

Inspired, I went to work on my 99 Honda Accord. Yes, I know the pictures are mislabeled, but you try and figure out how to upload pictures after two days of polishing vehicles.

I was too worn our to detail the tires, glass and rest of the trim, but there are other weekends!

Thanks for all them who helped me get on the right track and a special thanks to Mike who took me to first grade on the process. I can't wait to try it again. I know I can do better.

Bob

Re: 1st Detail 98 GMC Sierra P/U

Wow the shine on both the truck and the car really pop; 1 class job, i know it can be very tireing; i have a g100 but the reward here speaks for themselves..........

Comment

o wow u did a really awesome job.... maybe u should go at ur wife's car and maybe she'd appreciate it....

Comment

Hmmm, you might have something there . . . . Okay, the Camry is next.

bg

Comment

Looks great! Your truck has a better than new shine! Great work, as your found out even on the first try you can get very good results.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Nice reflections! Especially on the Sierra.

Comment

Great work. The reflections on the pick up are awesome. Its like looking in a mirror. They are not distorted. You even got some pop on the Honda. Awesome results. Keep it up.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');