• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help for faded paint/clearcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help for faded paint/clearcoat

Originally posted by tydyed View Post
    I have a 2002 Toyota Tacoma with a clear coat problem similar to the first picture of the Mike Phillips pictures. That part in the middle of pic one looks like mine. I know painters don't do spot work so I need to know what items I need to fix my problem. Thanks
    Bad news...that will have to be repainted. Really no way to save it.

As I look again at Mike's pics...are you saying your hood looks like the 'unblistered' area (middle of hood) or the left/right sides? If it is the middle area, you might me able to try and polish (NOT compound) gently and see if it helps.

Bill

Comment

i would try something like this first. If you have a machine it would help

Comment

Thank you BillE and Sleper. I will try to post some pictures. I know that I can't make it completely go away, but I've watched videos on YouTube where they use a light sandpaper and compound(I have a buffer) and spray with clear coat, it looks a lot better. I came here to ask what Meguiar's products should I get and any tips you have. I can't afford a paint job. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');