• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#66 and #80 - Pros and Cons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #66 and #80 - Pros and Cons?

After seeing a recent post about #66, it got me thinking that I have seen very little about this product on the forum. I always see people talking about using #80 and #83, but little about #66. I would love to hear thoughts of Pros and Cons on the product and its use versus #80. Is it a matter of wanting a single polish/wax product versus separate polish/glaze/lsp? I am going to buy a PC soon am trying to do as much research as possible and gather a lot of information on the products to purchase along with it in order to get the results I want without buying too much product that will go to waste.

Re: #66 and #80 - Pros and Cons?

66 is a great one step product, it has some cleaning power(to remove swirls). and leaves a nice gloss behind.. its just a bit milder than #80. Its amazin stuff.
    02 Ford F250 Super Duty
    International T444E 7.3L Diesel
    Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
    Straight Piped
    PHP FU chip

Comment

#66 and 80 are two totally different products.

#66 is an aggressive cleaner wax. #80 is a cleaner / polish that happens to have a little bit of protectant. #80 is meant to remove minor swirls and add the essential oils back into the paint. You should then apply a protectant. #66 is an all in one, but you will not see the results like #80 plus a wax or sealant.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

As it's already said, M66 (Quick detailer) and M80 (speed glaze) are two different products. I have used both, but I've used M66 more than M80. still, M80 is a cleaner/polish that can be used also as a LSP for uncured paint finishes, and M66 is a cleaner/wax which is aggressive, and can be as aggressive as you want, and will leave a nice deep gloss that will please you or your customer.

now:

Both products leave a layer of protection (M66 will last longer than M80)
        Both products remove minor defects (M80 will remove more defects that M66)
        Both products will leave a very nice shine (M80 + a LSP product will leave better results than M66 because two steps, in most cases *not all cases though* will leave better results than one single step)

So IMO, both products are great, but you should make your choice thinking about several factors (time, results, durability, etc.). I'd focus mainly on time and results, because if you'd like good results in a little time, or you don't have that much time for detailing your car, then M66 would be a better choice compare to M80, BUT, if you have lots of spare time and want good results, then M80 plus a LSP (wax of your choice) would be suitable too, and even better compared to M66. Just remember also that more products demand more money, so that's another factor to consider too :P

Hope This Helps
        " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');