• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch detailer spray????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Touch detailer spray????

WOW is it just me or does everyone use alot of detailer spray???

So far ive been using Last Touch and have been finding that when it comes to removing residues and left over glaze smears etc Im always spraying the car with the Last Touch!!
    Ive found that inbetween layers of my glazes, seals, waxes that im always going over the car with the last touch and a clean MF to ensre that all the product is off the car..
    MY question is this.. heres an example:
    I just polished the hood of my car with 80 and am wiping it off with a Mf and see some smears etc that just wont seem to come off. so I hit it with a spray of last touch and everything wipes clean as can be!
    Know I put a nice layer of #21 on let it set and wipe it off then again some residue and some smears that wont seem to come off without rubbing and I hate to rub my paint so again I hit it with Last Touch and it gets everything off as clean as can be..
    Know by using this Last Touch detailer spray inbetween coats of products am i degrading the product at all?? AM i just defeating the purpose of what im doing?? I dont think it strips off what ive just done but Id like some reasurrance for i do find myself using detail spray ALL THE TIME!!

Ive bought the gallon jug and its GONE so i need to buy more so any suggestions?? or should i just buy another gallon??
    www.CustomDetailer.com

Re: Last Touch detailer spray????

I tend to use plenty of Last Touch as well, I don't use it in between steps as I have not found a need but I do use it after every wash to remove any water spots.

It is best to let a wax 'cure' prior to using any detailer or a wash. Not sure if the LT would remove any polishing oils left behind during the polishing step!?!?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

cooool,,thanks for your response! Yes that is one my ?? as well anyone???????
      www.CustomDetailer.com

Comment

I also use a considerable amount of last touch. However, between detailing my car, I don't use anything. Just let the previous product set up and do its thing. I hope this helps you.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

If you are using a lot between steps, you might be letting your polishes dry to much, or applying wax too thick, not letting it dry, etc.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I use it when I clay and to go over the car when I am completely done, before delivering it to the customer. Those are the only times I use it, also I dilute it 1:1.

Comment

I'm probably wrong, I thought for claying you would dilute 1:1, but otherwise you would use it straight from the bottle. Maybe this is a contributing cause to the smearing. Just thinking out loud.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I always dilute Last Touch 1:1, and never have a smearing problem. I tend to use too much when it is full strength and that's when I got smears out the wazoo!

Comment

I've always diluted it 1:1, and use final inspection (not diluted) for my own cars.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');