• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Dirty Acura Integra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Dirty Acura Integra

This is my mother's car, it's an 1993 Acura Integra. She's had it since it was new. Back in early 2004 the CV Joints started to go so the car stopped being driven. So since then the car has been sitting in the driveway, gathering dirt. Recently I decided to take action. My mom has been wanting to get the car running for some time but has not done anything about it, until now.

Here are two close ups of the car before as it was before being cleaned. The car was so dirty I had to use a blower to prepare this thing to be washed!

Here's a side shot of the car before and after. As you can see the driveway got some detailing as well.

Here are some in-progress shots.

Here is the front of the car before, during and after.

Here is the back of the car, before and after.

This took me something like three hours to do. Most of the time was spent blasting the plant matter out of the crevices on the car. I used a hose to do this.

When it was time to wash the car I used Permaplate Paintguard car wash, and a generic brand pre-soaped mit. This is all my mom had, and I'm lucky she had that.

I also cleaned the engine bay. First I had to blow the engine bay out with a blower. Second, I used the hose to spray the engine bay out. Seems like a waste of time but that faucet had a lot of pressure, I was amazed! My final step was to bring over my pressure washer and blast the thing out. I used water to give the engine bay that wet look

This car is still a work in progress. After cleaning the exterior it confirmed what I thought. The paint is ruined, the only way to recover at this point is repainting. I haven't even started on the interior, that is a horror show in it's own right, but I think it will clean up better than the exterior.

I'm wondering if anyone here could point me to some resources on what I might need to do to get this car running again. I know it's going to need a complete fluid change, new belts, and some new hoses. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to drop the gas tank and make sure that's not filled with all kinds of sediment as well. What else needs to be done to get a car that hasn't been running for three years going again?

Re: One Dirty Acura Integra

Looks like a great start. The last time I had to get a static older car going I just changed the oil and filter drained the fuel out of the tank and lines, charged up the battery swapped the plugs and air filter and fuel filter. The car had been sitting for 3 years. After it was running we had to replace the pads which had bonded to the rotors the rotors were turned and that was it.

Best of luck!

Comment

Re: One Dirty Acura Integra

Draining all of the old gas (as was already mentioned) and a new fuel filter would be the most crucial thing at this point. Dont let any of the old gas get to the engine. Consider a timing belt too.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');