• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

microfiber question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microfiber question

why the microfiber with 70% polyester and 30% polymide are better that the microfiber with 80% polyester and 20% polymide??

Re: microfiber question

???

Comment

the more polyamide..the better..thats the good stuff...feel the difference yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by Saumil View Post
        the more polyamide..the better..thats the good stuff...feel the difference yourself...
        a microfiber with a little polymide ( 15/85 for example) can scratch the paint?? or when you said "the more polymide .. the better" your refer to the cleaning ability of the MF towel??

Comment

???

Comment

Originally posted by ccr View Post
            a microfiber with a little polymide ( 15/85 for example) can scratch the paint?? or when you said "the more polymide .. the better" your refer to the cleaning ability of the MF towel??
            ??

Comment

??
              You don't have to put "???" everytime someone doesn't answer your question.

Anyways, I don't even know that they make a MF with that low of a mix. If you stick to Meguiars, you won't have to worry about it.

Comment

From the posts I have seen, all things being equal the more nylon (the 20% like number) the better the absorption. I think the density of the microfibers is a better determination of quality that separates the cheap ones from the better ones.
                Al
                ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

autozone brand mf's have a 85/15 or 90/10 content!..just feel the difference..they're much harder then the higher polyamide content mf's...im not saying it will scratch your car..i dont know cause ive never used such a low blend...

just get some cobra mf's online...or go to target..VROOM has some pretty decent stuff...i.e...got a polishing/waxing mitt thats 70/30 for 4.99....their detailing mf's are 80/20....of course i would only use the mitt for the exterior though..

sorry for late reply

Comment

thanks for the info, i have a bunch of MF towels, autozone brands, two with 70/30 , and 8 or 9 meguiars supreme shine - this supreme shine are 80/20, the supreme shine era my favorites

Comment

thanks for the info, i have a bunch of MF towels, autozone brands, two with 70/30 , and 8 or 9 meguiars supreme shine - this supreme shine are 80/20, the supreme shine era my favorites
                      I only use the SS MFs on my Mustang when detailing it. I use other brands for various other things.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                        I only use the SS MFs on my Mustang when detailing it. I use other brands for various other things.
                        i use the SS for a mustang too!!! my mustang is black so i need to take care of the paint, later i will take pics of my mustang and post the pics so this way you can see the car

Comment

i use the SS for a mustang too!!! my mustang is black so i need to take care of the paint, later i will take pics of my mustang and post the pics so this way you can see the car
                          Very cool, black is the best color! Look forward to seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');