• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabric Softener, ahhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric Softener, ahhh!

So I put a bunch of MF towels, including water magnet, supreme shine from megs, and some non-megs MF car drying towel and assorted MF 'rags' i've mentioned before, in the wash. when i came home from work, i found that my sister had put the load into the dryer with a ... a fabric softener sheet (and the cycle finished before i got home)

I'm pretty sure this coats them w/ silicone or something bad, that results in increased swirling when you wash the car.

1) Will they scratch my car?
    2) is there anything i can do to save these towels? wash them again on high temp and air dry?
    3) what to do?

Thanks in advance!
    -Saleem
    07 Honda Accord... learning how to make it shine

Re: Fabric Softener, ahhh!

Wash them again normally with a tablespoon (correct me if I am wrong on the amount) of distilled vinigar. I believe this takes care of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
      Wash them again normally with a tablespoon (correct me if I am wrong on the amount) of distilled vinigar. I believe this takes care of them.
      Yeah, that will take care of it. As always wash the towels with hot water and use the delicate setting for drying.
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Follow this recipe and you should be good to go. Good luck.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');