• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 F150 XL Work/Play Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 F150 XL Work/Play Truck

I had nothing to do Wednesday afternoon, and was tired of looking at the faded paint begging to be cleaned. There was no sun out, which made it perfect weather to work in. I got out the PC and Meguiar's #83 and went to work.

Used Simple Green during the wash to get rid of the oxidation that had accumulated since I had clayed it awhile back.

Did 2 passes of #83
    Some before and during...

Finishing up...

After #83 and a coat of Meguiar's Color X

After the pics, I applied Hot Shine Tire Spray to the tires. Looks much, much better IMO for 21 yr old paint.

On a side note, since I haven't been around for awhile and for those that remember it, here is an updated picture of the Mustang:

Re: 1986 F150 XL Work/Play Truck

That truck looks really good for 21 years old. Like the looks of the mustang alot better. nice vehicles you have. way to go.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

You sure brought life back to your truck's paint!! Terrific job!! Now that your truck looks so nice, I'm sure you won't be needing that black Roush stage 2 Mustang anymore, so ... I'd be happy to take that off of your hands for you. (hehe) But seriously, that is one fantastic car you have there!

Comment

dude the truck looks and all but that stang is sooo hot...you got the nicest lookin roush...you got any work done to it besides the stage 2 package?...thing looks amazing

Comment

Thanks all!

prokill00- It has Spintech mufflers and is Diablosport tuned. The wheels are new 03/04 Black Cobra's and the tire sizes are 175/40/17 up front and 315/35/17 in the rear. That is about it right now. Not a lot of mod money with the payments and school and all of my other bills right now, but I am working on that.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');