• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canvas Cleaner & Canvas Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvas Cleaner & Canvas Protectant

Meguiar's sells some very cool car care products, but as some have pointed out there is no dedicated product for convertible tops in the Consumer Line.

Well I think the answer can be found in their Marine Line.

I recently washed a 1991 Geo Tracker soft top, the car's paint is not in very good condition, but the top was replaced with a brand new BestTop probably 3 years ago.

After washing the car with Hyper Wash I cleaned the top with M71 Canvas Cleaner. I sprayed it to a MF cloth and rubbed the top vigurously. Needless to say the MF came out really dirty.

After I was done I let the top air dry. There was no staining left, just an unfiform matte finish to it.

Then I applied the M72 Canvas Protectant, followling the instructions I sprayed the whole top making sure not to miss any spots, and get an uniform coverage.

When this product is freshly applied it looks whitish and foam like, according to the instructios you have to let it dry completely before any further applications, or to test it for "beading". Just to note, it takes forever to dry!

I did this about 2 or 3 weeks ago, because the rainy season is about to start down here, this past weekend we got our first showers and it was my oportunity to get a real test on the product.

Let me tell you that the M72 Canvas Protectant did an awesome job of reppeling the water off the top.

I took these pics right after a shower:

Thanks Meguiar's!!!

Alex
    Mandarina Racing

Re: Canvas Cleaner & Canvas Protectant

Stuff is pretty sweet, too bad its $16 per can.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');