• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
    I've seen some argue in reviews that even with a thin coat, NXT 2.0 seems almost impossible to use on a black car as there is always streaking/leftover product shown on this color.

I hadn't thought about it before, but that does go in line with what I've seen. I'm always satisfied on my dark silver car, but on my black car, I'm always disappointed in that it seems spotted and streaked, even if not badly, slightly.

Is this perhaps true that NXT isn't so good for a black vehicle?
    Interesting. I spent the better part of Fathers Day detailing my Lemans Blue, C6 Corvette. Keep in mind that the car is not a daily driver and is always covered when not in use so I have a very good finish to start with.

I used UQD and clay first. Then I followed up with #80 applied with a DA and removed by hand. Then applied NXT2.0 by hand taking care to only put a "thin coat" on the car.

After waiting about 30 minutes, I could not get it to pass the swipe test. I even let one panel sit for over an hour and still the NXT would smear. I eventually removed all of the NXT with a microfiber and let it sit overnight. The next day I was still seeing streaking when I'd do a gentle wipe with the micro fiber. Even tonight (two days after application) I was still getting some streaking when wiping the car.

I don't get it......... The car looks great, but the wax just doesn't want to cure.

Tom

Comment

How thin is a "thin coat"?

How much did you use to do the whole car? You shouldn't have used more than an 1oz.
      Paul Marmarinos
      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by thoyer View Post
        Interesting. I spent the better part of Fathers Day detailing my Lemans Blue, C6 Corvette. Keep in mind that the car is not a daily driver and is always covered when not in use so I have a very good finish to start with.

I used UQD and clay first. Then I followed up with #80 applied with a DA and removed by hand. Then applied NXT2.0 by hand taking care to only put a "thin coat" on the car.

After waiting about 30 minutes, I could not get it to pass the swipe test. I even let one panel sit for over an hour and still the NXT would smear. I eventually removed all of the NXT with a microfiber and let it sit overnight. The next day I was still seeing streaking when I'd do a gentle wipe with the micro fiber. Even tonight (two days after application) I was still getting some streaking when wiping the car.

I don't get it......... The car looks great, but the wax just doesn't want to cure.

Tom

Yes, again, I've seen this too Tom.

I feel like we're really getting at something. The synthetic products seem to have a really fine line in just the right coat, right temperatures, correct drying time, etc. Plus, I sometimes think the problem exacerbates when you use a product like Ultimate Quick Detailer on a regular basis, I've seen that with my cars.

Nevertheless, when you have a chance in the future, you might try NXT paste. I've had better luck with it, and I manage to do a decent coat on my black car over last weekend. It looked quite good.

I kept it *VERY* thin and let it sit 90 minutes, and then used a really plush and soft Mothers Detail cloth, to remove it, and then went over it again with another cloth.

It was the most satisfied I had ever been with NXT on a dark car. Again, this was the paste.

In total, I think these synthetic products can been fantastic, but you really need to get it just right, for that perfect result.

I bet the Le Mans Blue Corvette looks striking nevertheless!

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
          Yes, again, I've seen this too Tom.

I feel like we're really getting at something. The synthetic products seem to have a really fine line in just the right coat, right temperatures, correct drying time, etc. Plus, I sometimes think the problem exacerbates when you use a product like Ultimate Quick Detailer on a regular basis, I've seen that with my cars.

Nevertheless, when you have a chance in the future, you might try NXT paste. I've had better luck with it, and I manage to do a decent coat on my black car over last weekend. It looked quite good.

I kept it *VERY* thin and let it sit 90 minutes, and then used a really plush and soft Mothers Detail cloth, to remove it, and then went over it again with another cloth.

It was the most satisfied I had ever been with NXT on a dark car. Again, this was the paste.

In total, I think these synthetic products can been fantastic, but you really need to get it just right, for that perfect result.

I bet the Le Mans Blue Corvette looks striking nevertheless!
          Thanks for the response, now I know it is not just me. I'll give the paste a try and see how that works.

I do like the depth that the NXT gives to the paint. The car looks real nice!

I have a 71 Corvette also and I used the NXT on it recently and did not have the same issues. Since I don't drive the 71 much, I usually just put #7 on it every now and then. When I used the NXT on it, I did not do any claying or quick detailer first. I just put down a layer of #7 and then followed up with NXT. The car is a darker blue similar to the C6 Corvette, but I had no real issues with it drying or with even application or removal.

I'm wondering if maybe the Quick Detailer in combination with the 80 and the very hard paint on the C6 may have had some influence on the NXT. Maybe I should try a wash down with Dawn after claying and before NXT application which would remove the UCD...........

Oh well, the car looks great and it will probably be early fall when I do it again!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
            How thin is a "thin coat"?

How much did you use to do the whole car? You shouldn't have used more than an 1oz.
            I tried to apply it so that when looking at an angle, you would see the application, but when looking straight on it was hard to see. I'm sure I applied it thicker in some areas just due to the fact that I would need to reapply some NXT to the foam applicator every now and then. And yes, I probably used more then 1oz, but not much more.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by thoyer View Post
              I tried to apply it so that when looking at an angle, you would see the application, but when looking straight on it was hard to see. I'm sure I applied it thicker in some areas just due to the fact that I would need to reapply some NXT to the foam applicator every now and then. And yes, I probably used more then 1oz, but not much more.

Tom
              That sounds about right.
              Paul Marmarinos
              "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

After using a carnuba paste for years, I have recently added UQW and UQD to the regimen just to keep that just waxed look between carnuba waxes. I have just bought some NXT 2.0 and will begin using this product as well. My plan is to "layer" it over the existing carnuba and UQW base. I know there is much debate over whether or not NXT 2.0 can be applied over a wax base (this goes to the question whether or not NXT 2.0 is a sealant or wax) without stripping existing wax, but that is what I plan to do. Meg's tech reps tell me this will work fine and any differences in stripping exising wax vs not stripping will not be noticeable. Anyone else done it this way?

Comment

Nxt works perfectly well applied over something like Cleaner/Wax, ColorX, (which are carnuba blends) and applied over itself.

Most would put a wax on top of Nxt, but nothing will explode if you do it the other way.

As long as the surface is clean and applied thin, you'll be ok.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                    Nxt works perfectly well applied over something like Cleaner/Wax, ColorX, (which are carnuba blends) and applied over itself.

Most would put a wax on top of Nxt, but nothing will explode if you do it the other way.

As long as the surface is clean and applied thin, you'll be ok.
                    Murr1525,
                    Thanks for info. I particularly like that "nothing will explode". With 12,017 posts, I'll go with your experience.

Comment

Hi pmcjr,

Good to see another Daytona Beacher here!

I have several coats of Pro Yellow Carnauba on my Z3 followed with UQD/UQW and have no issues. in fact, the shine is amazing and people stop me everytime I am out asking just what the heck I use. I know, I've heard that you should not top straight carnauba with synthetics like this but I'm tellin' ya', it has been so easy to use and it looks incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by pmcjr View Post
                        After using a carnuba paste for years, I have recently added UQW and UQD to the regimen just to keep that just waxed look between carnuba waxes. I have just bought some NXT 2.0 and will begin using this product as well. My plan is to "layer" it over the existing carnuba and UQW base. I know there is much debate over whether or not NXT 2.0 can be applied over a wax base (this goes to the question whether or not NXT 2.0 is a sealant or wax) without stripping existing wax, but that is what I plan to do. Meg's tech reps tell me this will work fine and any differences in stripping exising wax vs not stripping will not be noticeable. Anyone else done it this way?
                        Applied NXT 2.0 to a good base of carnuba yesterday. Easy to apply and easy to remove. I don't believe much if any of the carnuba was removed in the process. As I planned to top the NXT with One Grand Blitz Wax, I only applied one layer of NXT. I let it cure for 3 hours, though, before waxing. This seemed to be alright as opposed to the 12 hours recommended by some. The Blitz was was noticeably easier to apply and remove...probably due to the slickness left by the NXT. I wasn't satisfied with the shine left by NXT alone, but when the Blitz wax was added, it was more than satisfactory. I added UQD today and it's now outstanding. I believe I would use NXT as a wax when I may not have the time to top it with carnuba, but it won't be my only wax product. It hasn't replaced my carnuba. I can't address the durability of NXT 2.0, but I suspect for an over the counter product it's it's in the 1-2 month range.

Comment

So am I correct that some of you are saying NXT 2.0 isn't meant to be a LSP?? That's sort of the vibe I'm getting.

As far as spotting and streaking on a black vehicle - YES YES YES - I hate it! I was thinking I was being lazy in wiping off the wax, but there's no way. I always take my time, use clean towels, and use some QD spray to facilitate removal and I STILL get the streaks and spots. And if it rains very lightly the day after, I get what look like water spots, but can easily be removed with UQD. They're just small black spots that look like they're burning into the paint, but it's on top of the wax. Usually after a rain with NXT, there are no water spots to be found - especially a couple days after a detail. Make sense?

Any way to get the NXT to finish up more nicely? I don't want to buy the paste, but if I have to, I guess I will. Or another product on top?

Eventually, I'm going to polish, go with #7, then NXT 2.0 on top, but I just don't have the time to do the Cayenne all in one day. The panel-per-day method will have to suffice, but I haven't tried yet...
                          Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

Originally posted by fullbirdmusic View Post
                            So am I correct that some of you are saying NXT 2.0 isn't meant to be a LSP??
                            No, that's not correct. It most definitely is a LSP.
                            Paul Marmarinos

Comment

Lol, outstanding. Thanks for clearing that up!
                              Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

Hi,
                                Could you tell me,what are the area of usage of paste and liquid version, and what are the differences?? Thank you..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');