• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karburn View Post
    Good information - thanks! I almost bought some NXT at Lowes yesterday, but it was not the 2.0 - they are still selling the 1st gen product. I'll head over to Advance Auto Parts to get 2.0....or maybe #26....or the 2.0.....decisions decisions....
    Most Autozones have 2.0. At least down here in TX they do. Regardless where you go pay attention because I've found a lot of 1.0 still around. As for will it work on light colored vehicles? The truck in my avatar has NXT 2.0 on it as a top coat if that helps. I know its not white but...
    Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0

I used some NXT 2.0 on a white vehicle yesterday and it came out beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by dpardo View Post
        I used some NXT 2.0 on a white vehicle yesterday and it came out beautiful!
        If you think just NXT 2.0 on a white car looks good, try using #7 before the NXT 2.0. I did that to my brother's F-150 and it was so bright and shiny that I couldn't even look at it.

Ryan
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Well....I'm a believer!! Picked up some NXT 2.0 at the not-so-local AutoZone (I had not been to an Autozone - much better than the other chains in my area) but first I went over the car with Meg's #83 on some problem areas, then cleaned it up and went over the whole car body with #7 Show Car Glaze. Everything they say is absolutely true. As I was working, I noticed that I could see things in the reflection that were not clearly visible before. And this is on a car that was not too shabby to begin with! I was worn out after doing the entire car...hey, I don't do this every day ...so back into the garage it went. I took seriously the directions that said not to let the #7 dry out (to the point of paranoia), so it was wax on - wax off after each little section. I used a stack of MF towels in the process.

I followed up the next day with a thin coat of 2.0 and I was flat amazed that there was even more lustre to the finish after buffing it off. Incredible stuff and easy to use. I'm sold.
          Kevin
          Overland Park, KS USA
          1987 MB 560SL
          2003 MB ML320
          2006 Mini Cooper S

Comment

so while I've been trying NXT2.0, the thing I'm, not liking is that if you get it on anything black, it doesn't come off... This is very dissapointing to say the least.. Any ideas if I did something wrong or this is just the way it is... If so, I'll be switching to something else real soon...

/joe
            Last edited by joec; Sep 1, 2008, 04:14 PM. Reason: selling

Comment

Originally posted by joec View Post
              so while I've been trying NXT2.0, the thing I'm, not liking is that if you get it on anything black, it doesn't come off... This is very dissapointing to say the least.. Any ideas if I did something wrong or this is just the way it is... If so, I'll be switching to something else real soon...

/joe
              Well, that quality is one that you will find with almost any wax...so you have to take it for what it is. I personally just make a point of either taping off areas that I don't want to wax, pre-coating them with dressing such as #40 or Hyper Dressing (Makes it easier to clean off the wax) or use an eraser to remove it.

TBH, rarely if ever run into this problem...maybe someone else that does can offer better suggestions.

Comment

#26 stains trim less.
                Paul Marmarinos
                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

/joe
                  Hi Joel, seeing how this was your first post to this forum,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Now onto your comments...

Meguiar's teaches people to only apply car wax to car paint and avoid applying it to any kind of black plastic or rubber trim. Sometimes this means slowing down and being more careful.

Some people like to use painter's tape to tape off plastic and rubber trim so if they do accidentally stray off the painted portions of their car then the wax won't come into contact with the rubber and plastic trim.

Please contact Customer Care through the link below where your comments will be added to a database and monitored. The forum is a great place to share your experience too but it's not tracked in a database like it is when you use the online form the link below will take you to.

Contact Meguiar's

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Also Meguiar's offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, if you're not happy with the product simply take it and your receipt back to where you purchased it and ask for a refund.

We realize we can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time but we do our best to make quality products and back them up with great customer service.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post
                    Well, that quality is one that you will find with almost any wax...so you have to take it for what it is. I personally just make a point of either taping off areas that I don't want to wax, pre-coating them with dressing such as #40 or Hyper Dressing (Makes it easier to clean off the wax) or use an eraser to remove it.

TBH, rarely if ever run into this problem...maybe someone else that does can offer better suggestions.
                    Thanks for the suggestions... TBH if I only had to do this twice a year then I'd probably tape it off like you said...

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    Hi Joel, seeing how this was your first post to this forum,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Now onto your comments...

Meguiar's teaches people to only apply car wax to car paint and avoid applying it to any kind of black plastic or rubber trim. Sometimes this means slowing down and being more careful.

Some people like to use painter's tape to tape off plastic and rubber trim so if they do accidentally stray off the painted portions of their car then the wax won't come into contact with the rubber and plastic trim.

Please contact Customer Care through the link below where your comments will be added to a database and monitored. The forum is a great place to share your experience too but it's not tracked in a database like it is when you use the online form the link below will take you to.

Contact Meguiar's

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Also Meguiar's offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, if you're not happy with the product simply take it and your receipt back to where you purchased it and ask for a refund.

We realize we can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time but we do our best to make quality products and back them up with great customer service.

Mike,

I understand about not getting on black trim, but I don't think I'm perfect and I'm probably not gonna tape off my car every time I wax it... Just takes to much time... I know that I can take it back, but I'll just probably relegate it to my wifes car and get something else for the vettes..

Thanks

/joe

Comment

I understand about not getting on black trim, but I don't think I'm perfect and I'm probably not gonna tape off my car every time I wax it...

/joe
                      It's as though the people that design cars have never waxed one, if they had, they would probably find something more do-it-yourself friendly to use for trim versus pebble textured plastic and black rubber.

Kind of like they did with these...

As for what you decide to use on your Corvettes... see my signature line...

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

This stuff rocks! Thanks Meguiar's!

Comment

clean jetta ^^^

i'm excited to detail my ride tomorrow with the NXT 2.0
                          I'm new to the site and i'm trying to learn the lingo.
                          hope i get in tune soon.

Comment

I am just waiting for the Gift Set's price to lower after Christmas. Gift Set with Tech Wax 2.0, I currently have the first Tech Wax. I heard 2.0 is better, but in what ways?

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                              I heard 2.0 is better, but in what ways?
                              NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi guys,

so ive been trying to get my hands on nxt2.0 for YEARS BABY.
                                and yesterday was the first time i had tried it out seeing i am 1/4 way through my 2yr old tech wax. (seriously i wax frequently and yet the bottle is still not finished, sheesh talk about value!)

anywho, i applied it after doing claybar, some mild paint cleaning, areas of scratch x and the surface was a smooth as glass.

what has got me questioned was why (to my eyes) was the surface feel not as sleek as nxt 1.0? after my final wipe down, it was sleek, but just didnt feel like an oooozee sleekness as nxt 1.0.

after leaving it overnight, it honestly felt like it had a SEEMINGLY thin thin layer, so thin its as though it wasnt waxed. previously, 1 coat of thin nxt wax 1.0 would make coffee cups slip off - even more so if left overnight, however this was different?

anyone shed light? btw i shaked the bottle prior to application.
                                Regards, Wilco
                                There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');