NXT Tech Wax 2.0 - Page 6
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Registered Member

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Murr1525 View Post
    1. Yes, ColorX is great before Nxt. Have you clayed at all before?

2. You would work in the ColorX with a bit of pressure. The Nxt 2.0 just needs pressed in enough to spread around.
    Thanks for your prompt reply . I was afraid that the oils in colorx might not like NXT. So better aask than be aching all over and sorry. lol

And to your question, yes i've just learnt about claying thanks for your helpfullness

Just to be clear, ColorX is a cleaner/wax, so you would let it dry before removing it, and it will leave a coat of wax behind.

So it is not just a cleaner/polish leaving only oils behind.

Then the coat of Nxt 2.0 will give your second recomended coat of wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beginner2002 View Post
    Mike or anyone, could you please fix the link?
    No can do. That link goes to the "Community Server" forum we switched to and then dumped. It no longer exists and we're back on our original "vBulletin" forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Murr1525 View Post
    Then the coat of Nxt 2.0 will give your second recommended coat of wax.
    And insure a uniform appearance and uniform coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by nutralife View Post
    I got a few questions to ask. Is it okay to apply color X, followed by NXT 2.0? Will NXT layer nicely on top of color x?
    All Meguiar's waxes will bond or adhere just fine over any Meguiar's prep products. When staying inside a single line or brand of products, because our chemist made all the products they know how to make each product build off the results of the previously applied product.

By staying inside a single product line there is Synergistic Chemical Compatibility. (SCC)

There's a lot of confusion over the word layering on the Internet and just to note, no one has ever proven you can increase the thickness of a layer of wax or a paint sealant by adding more and more layers. No one.

Not one person on all the different forums that talks about how many layers of ANY product they've applied has ever proven they have with each application increased the thickness of the layer of the product they're applying. It's all just talk.

No one has ever shared a method of creating a thicker layer that ANYONE can duplicate with products they can buy and apply in their garage. So until someone can prove in a repeatable and testable method how to create a thicker and thicker layer of protection on the surface of paint, don't buy into the hype and marketing.

The silence on this topic is deafening...

Quote Originally Posted by nutralife View Post
    I was afraid that the oils in ColorX might not like NXT.
    We have a forum group on this discussion forum called Hot Topics and inside of this group is a treasure trove of information that is hot or another way of saying is the threads are there because they are commonly popular among detailing enthusiasts. When you get a chance scan through the pages of threads as you're sure to find topics you're curios about.

Do Glazes/Fillers affect the bonding of NXT?

A question on wax bonding and the potential for interference by a quick detailer?

Which products need to dry before removing?

Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Registered Member

Murr1525 and Mike Phillips, Thanks so much for the information provided, I will definitely benifit from it.

Asian Meguiar's Enthusiast Ganesa's Avatar

a perfect product..... really great and easy to use!

definately abunch of useful info!
    ive used turtle wax's ice wax and that was my main wax up until i try the NXT 1.0 wax,
    soooo much better!! i cant wait to get the 2.0 im kind of excited haha

Registered Member

Mike,
    This is my 1st post. Thanks for the great site. I am picking up my new wakeboard boat this weekend (gelcoat). I want to put at least one coat of wax on her before she hits the water. I have used the Meguiars Marine products (one step compound) in the past and been very happy. Can/should I use this NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on gelcoat? This stuff sounds awsome. If not, should I use the No.45 Polish before I use the No.63 Flagship Marine Wax, or is the polish not necessary since it is a brand new boat?
    Thank You!
    dtown

I just picked some up last night! Leaving work early today to wax the ride

Just a heads up this stuff is on sale (12.99) @ JOE's up here in the NorthWest. So go stock up!

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Mike,
    This is my 1st post. Thanks for the great site. I am picking up my new wakeboard boat this weekend (gelcoat). I want to put at least one coat of wax on her before she hits the water. I have used the Meguiars Marine products (one step compound) in the past and been very happy. Can/should I use this NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on gelcoat? This stuff sounds awsome. If not, should I use the No.45 Polish before I use the No.63 Flagship Marine Wax, or is the polish not necessary since it is a brand new boat?
    Thank You!
    dtown
    Hi dtown,

Sorry I missed this? What did you ever do?

Meguiar's recommends using products from the matching product line for the items you're working on, so in this case the recommendation would be to use the Flagship Premium Marine Wax.

Sometimes it can be helpful to start a new thread to ask a question just because sometimes when a thread gets real long over time a post can kind of get lost.

Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Registered Member

I tried this wax and didnt have much luck with it. I dont know if it was the weather/humidity or what happened. It was a friend of my brothers car who I detailed and he called back like 3 days later and said the car had a nasty film and swirls. I checked it out and re did the car using a 3m hand glaze (sorry but I like the 3m glaze alot) followed by meguiars gold class and the car still looks great to this day. Im sure its a great product, but I didnt seem to get the great results like others have. I did use the paste form not the liquid not that it should of made a difference
    Last edited by GMGuy; Apr 10th, 2009 at 05:43 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread Information