• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0---Same as M21 2.0?

Can some1 teach me how to use NXT V2 paste? Because I often use liquid, but my auntie that came back from Canada bought me NXT V2 paste.

Thanks

vp920b
    Indonesia

Comment

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0

I believe the NXT 2.0 paste works the same way as just about any other paste wax. One spin around the can should do a 2x2 area.

Tuesday I spent all day on my Dad's 2003 Malibu. Washed, clayed, polished and finished with some NXT 2.0. Overnight it rained and I had to go in to work at 8AM. It was cloudy, damp but not raining and there were still some water droplets on the roof and hood. While we were driving the water was literally rolling off the roof and down the windshield, forcing my Dad to use the wipers eventhough it wasn't raining. I could also see beads of water running off the hood. NXT 2.0's hydrophobic technology works!
      Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

I get a "halo" (for lack of a better word) look in some places that takes considerable rubbing with the microfiber to remove.
        The first thought would be it was applied a little thick in those places.

I just switched from the original NXT to NXT 2.0. Does the 2.0 take a bit longer to set? How long does it take usually for the 2.0 to set up and haze?
        Should be pretty similar. About 15min seems to be the average for a wax to haze properly, but your local temps/humidity can affect that. I thought it went on thinner easier myself, but thats just me.

Can some1 teach me how to use NXT V2 paste? Because I often use liquid, but my auntie that came back from Canada bought me NXT V2 paste.
        Yeah, just press the applicator lightly into the can, give the applicator a spin, and you'll have wax on it.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I just started using it a couple of days ago(Black).Great product.It is extremely glossy.Entirely different from the DC3 and GC.

The next day I took away the light dust with UQD and microfibre.Looked fantastic.

NXT TechWax2 is an awsome product as is UQD.

Comment

Try ultimate quik wax. It's more awesome product than UQD.

Comment

awsome wax and smells great too

Comment

I just ordered some from ADS, I'm hoping to blown away.
                James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                Calais Auto Detailing
                CalaisDetails@aim.com
                www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                  I just ordered some from ADS, I'm hoping to blown away.
                  They don't sell NXT 2.0 at your local autoparts store or retailer?
                  2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                  2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Caress Detailing View Post
                    They don't sell NXT 2.0 at your local autoparts store or retailer?
                    They do, but I was already placing an order, it's cheaper on ADS and it comes with 2 microfibers.
                    Calais Auto Detailing
                    CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

They do, but I was already placing an order, it's cheaper on ADS and it comes with 2 microfibers.
                      O' yeah, the free microfibers are a huge plus. You must not be like me then. Sometimes, I want instant gratification and get impatient waiting for online orders lol. Although being in a business means to save money instead of convenience. Such a hard habit to break.
                      2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                      2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Originally posted by 4gothow2playwc3 View Post
                        I have a question about the application of NXT 2.0. How much should I put on the applicator that is good for a 2x2 area? They say "apply in thin coatings" but I don't know how thin that is.
                        with the supplied applicator, all you should need to do for the first 2x2 is prime the pad with a very small x and work the 2x2 area evenly and overlapping your passes by 50%, as thin as possible...when you have covered the area evenly and thoroughly (careful of trim, tape up if needed!) move on to the next panel and if you can...spread the last little bit of wax on/in the pad onto the beginning or edge of the next panel...to get a little more wax out of the pad like when u run short of enough for the last panel or when needed you can press the palm of your hand on the back of it to release wax, this will help you keep your coats thinner and thinner...while the wax is on the pad and not rubbed in, dab it around the panel you will be waxing and work from one corner to the opposite then back in the general direction of the corner you started at but over lap your previous pass by appx. 50% and repeat...

Comment

Hi Calais,I know you like the GC paste,but it will blow you away.I tried it on my black Insight and was amazed.Using UQD in between makes it even better!

If it'll work for you on your ss paint and red color,I don't know,but it's got an amazing gloss.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                            Hi Calais,I know you like the GC paste,but it will blow you away.I tried it on my black Insight and was amazed.Using UQD in between makes it even better!

If it'll work for you on your ss paint and red color,I don't know,but it's got an amazing gloss.

Right now I'm in love with boosting my wax finish with UQW. I can't wait to try it, I really hope that I haven't set myself up for disappointment by hyping it up so much. I don't think it will make much difference whether or not my paint is SS, especially after a bit of M80 on the G110.
                            Calais Auto Detailing
                            CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

I have not use this yet. I bought a bottle however, and still have the old Tech Wax. I am currently using, Mother's FX Synwax. No disrespect to Meguiars, but it's pretty darn good.

Comment

Okay guys, please give some advice here! I'm about to wax my black 1997 Tahoe, it was repainted in November of 2008, this will be the first time it's been waxed other than when it got a light carnauba after it was color sanded back in January.

My plan of action was to either a. first use a light cleaner, then polish, then carnauba wax, or b. light cleaner, then Tech 2.0.

Is it safe to use the DA with liquid 2.0? If not, what do you guys recommend? I'm limited to what I can obtain at the local Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, etc.

Any advantage with either option? Should I do the three step process and replace carnauba with 2.0? I'll be using a DA buffer w/ microfiber pads. Either way, I'll get my exercise by the time I'm done!
                                Thanks for any advice!
                                Last edited by Cliffb; Aug 7, 2009, 07:36 AM. Reason: added another question

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');