• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Detailer - New!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Quik Detailer - New!

Thanks gb387,

Applying panel by panel means "You spray the whole panel first and then spread it with wet side and then dry the whole panel with the other side"? Do you guys really use 2 towels for detailers? For me, my microfiber towel is quite saturated when 2/3 of my car is finished.

Thanks,
    HK77

Comment

I have found it helpful to use two towels from the beginning: one towel to spread and wipe off the solution, the other towel to buff off the remaining residue. That works better for me than just using one towel.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Used UQD and the tire foam dressing from the megs detailing kit I got from walmart (clearance $8). Used it on my 2005 mini cooper and '96 4runner. Drove the 4runner in the rain going from Houston to Galveston, Texas today. Really beads up nicely. Helped to keep the car clean. Used 2 m/f towels - one to spread and the other to buff off.

Comment

Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Just learning how to post pictures, so this is purely a test
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

In my opinion, whether or not you use 2 MF towels would depend on what you are trying to accomplish. For example, if you plan on doing the whole vehicle, then 2 MF would be appropriate.

If you are only doing the roof, hood or trunk, I have been able to get by using one 16x16 MF towel flipping the towel when folded in four.

On another note: I sometimes get frustrated trying to understand the difference between the consumer line products vs. Pro line. Example: the differences between UQD, quick detailer, Last touch, UQW and any other WOWO Meguiar product. Mike Phillips addresses these concerns well, but sometimes it can get confusing and frustrating. So much to choose from, for so many different purposes!

Comment

I really like this product, it makes my car smooth and shiny as if it was just re-waxed...
                and the water beading is just awesome.. I usually use only one MF towel that I fold into 4, and moist the MF with the UQD, and just spread it over an area, and flip the towel over to buff.. its as simple as that.. great product!
                Ganesa,
                Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

I love this product, too. IMO, it's best used with a damp, microfiber towel.
                  Greetings from the Montero Sport Club of the Philippines! Visit us online at: www.monterosportclubphils.com

Comment

I am now using the NXT Quik Detailer (which sounds like the UQD), but have used other Meguiar's detailer. I generally use five or six towels on a large sedan--I have the idea that, with the towel folded in quarters, I should never make more than a single, fairly short swipe at the dirty surface and then not reuse that area of the towel. After one swipe it has visible dirt on it (and I assume invisible abrasives). With one or two towels only, I'd be using the same dirty section on other areas of the car. Do people disagree with this? Is this stuff so protective that you're not just rubbing dirt into the surface in cleaning an entire car with one or two towels? I'm using very thick microfiber towels, both the Meguiars and Griot's blue towels.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, does this product have any filler in it like NXT 2.0 wax?

Comment

Ops sorry wrong thread.

Comment

I love the way UQD leaves my black paint deep and slick. It's the best in terms of quality. However, for daily use, it's too expensive. I use Last Touch from Meguiar's Detailer Line. It gives me an awesome balance of performace and value. Overall, Meguiar's makes high-end producs that will leave you extremely satisfied each and everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by HK77 View Post
                            Hi! Last week, I got a UQD and tried it this morning. I think I'm quite new to Quick Detailers and still can't find a way to use it. I follow the instructions written on the bottle. I mist an area about 1-2 inch square and spread with a microfiber cloth and then use the other side of the microfiber cloth to finally wipe that area. The problem is when spreading using the microfiber. It doesn't feel safe and slippery and difficult to pull my microfiber cloth along the areas that I've misted. But Final wiping with the other side is easy and smooth.

Next question is "When I finish my whole vehicle, the cloth is almost wet. So, I want to know whether it's supposed to be like this or not?" For the looks, it's awesome and really resotre that slickness.

Thanks
                            HK77
                            I just tried the UQD and had the exact same feeling. I was expecting the product to be mist on, wipe off and wasn't expecting the product to have any resistance or drag when spreading the product around. Maybe I have very little arm strength, but when I put my hand flat over the towel I felt like I could barely move it. I had to actually grasp the towel between my thumb and index finger to have enough grip to spread the product around. When I flipped over the microfiber to a dry side I got that slick feel that I was originally expecting when first putting the product on the vehicle. I was disappointed in UQD until I discovered that it was supposed to have a bit of drag when applying it. The shine and the "just waxed" look sure make it worth the little bit of effort though!
                            Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

Update: after trying UQD out on another vehicle, I'm honestly not sure if I like the product. Yes the shine is amazing, but I was disappointed in that it wasn't as easy to use as I expected. Both of the vehicles were relatively clean and I purchased the product to remove light dust and dirt, which is what the product advertises. I didn't keep track of how long it took me to completely do each vehicle but it felt longer than 10-15 minutes. I'll keep a timer going the next time to see how long it takes.

Maybe both vehicles were dirtier than I thought, maybe I was using too much product, maybe the air temperature was too cool (roughly 15'C) but it seemed like I was using more effort to spread the product around with the towel than removing NXT 2.0 or ColorX afer it has dried to a haze. I wasn't using the product in direct sunlight; the first vehicle was done during the sunset, the second under complete nightfall with only the streetlights for light to see what I was doing. I was using a less expensive Microtex microfiber towel and when I switched to my only Supreme Shine I found that it helped a bit but the product was still giving me some resistance and I had to put a little effort in to move the towel around. Interestingly, when I tried the product on the wheels I got that feel that I was expecting when applying UQD to the paint.

So, I'm honestly not sure how I feel. It's the first Meguiar's product that I've used that only made me feel "meh" instead of "WOW!!!" After using the Smooth Surface Clay Kit I had some leftover QD that I used in the same fashion that I used the UQD and while I don't think the shine is as good as the UQD, the normal QD was much, much easier to use.

With that all said, a few questions:

1. I think I'm following the instructions properly - Mist onto one area at a time (half a hood, fender, door) spread UQD around with a microfiber, flip over to a dry side and wipe off. Am I missing something?

2. Are my expectations accurate? Should UQD be as easy to use as normal QD?

3. Both vehicles have been washed, clayed, cleaned and waxed within the past month, with the last wash being roughly a week ago. I didn't think either vehicle was dirty enough to warrant a full wash, but could too much dirt have caused the UQD to be harder to spread around?

Thanks for all your help. I really want to be blown away by UQD like I have every other Meguiars product, but at the moment I'm not.
                              Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneRaizer View Post
                                I just tried the UQD and had the exact same feeling. I was expecting the product to be mist on, wipe off and wasn't expecting the product to have any resistance or drag when spreading the product around. Maybe I have very little arm strength, but when I put my hand flat over the towel I felt like I could barely move it. I had to actually grasp the towel between my thumb and index finger to have enough grip to spread the product around. When I flipped over the microfiber to a dry side I got that slick feel that I was originally expecting when first putting the product on the vehicle. I was disappointed in UQD until I discovered that it was supposed to have a bit of drag when applying it. The shine and the "just waxed" look sure make it worth the little bit of effort though!
                                Same problem here. ANY dirt/dust/debris on the surface makes this stuff really hard to use, even just washed surfaces have alot of drag. The hydrophobic technology is cool, but imho, Optimum Detailer has this stuff beat handsdown in every area besides beading.
                                VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');