• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Detailer - New!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Quik Detailer - New!

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
    UQD/#135 both have the hydrophobic polymers in them, like Nxt Wax 2.0, and whatever other ingredients that make them look great.

But since they leave a coating behind, they are not recomended for claying or for use on fresh paint. So they are best for after a wash, removing light dust, etc.

That means that you will still need a 'regular' quick detailer around as well.
    Hmmm. What do you mean by "new paint". Repaints or NEW car paints?
    2010 Camaro SS RS (black), "OBSSEST"

Comment

Repaints.

Paints on a new car have been baked on at the factory, and in many cases has been sitting on a lot somewhere for a few months as well.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Wow! That is the word I will use for this product. It is absolutely the BEST QD you can get your hands on, IMHO! The water beading is just crazy, I was just shocked when the rain came couple of days after my first treatment with UQD. I have never seen such a water repellent product, not even the Tech Wax makes water slide off like this..

But there is one important thing you have to have in mind; in order to get this stunning result, the paint on your car has to be polished and properly waxed before use. Otherwise it will not stick for very long and just loose its effect.

And yes, I also use this as claylubricant, so I disagree with the gent above me here very pleased with the result..
        Only thing is, its a bit expensive to use a lube, hehe...

Comment

has anyone else had a problem with bugs wanting to stick to your finish with UQD on ? or even UQW? flies and weird little bugs love my paint when i have UQD or UQW on. maybe they love the smell or taste ? who knows lol just wanted to know if anyone else expeirences the same
          Addicted

Comment

Hi!

Can i use ultimate quick detailer as clay lube?

Comment

Originally posted by soiser View Post
              Hi!

Can i use ultimate quick detailer as clay lube?
              I would not since it will break down the clay. Use Quick Detailer (non-Ultimate version) or Last Touch dilluted 1:1 with water. Search on the forums for Clay Lube and you will find a lot of posts covering the same topic.
              NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                I would not since it will break down the clay. Use Quick Detailer (non-Ultimate version) or Last Touch dilluted 1:1 with water. Search on the forums for Clay Lube and you will find a lot of posts covering the same topic.
                I have used UQD incorrectly as a clay lube and know better now, but the last thing I did before winter hit was spritz some UQD on the claybar and seal it up for use next spring. Should I throw that bar away?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                David

Comment

Its probably fine. Just re-knead it in the spring to expose some fresh clay.

If you have been claying regularly, there shouldnt be much on your paint anyway for the UQD to interfere with.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Two things that I did not like about this new Ultimate Detailer that will probably have me switching back to the old Quik Detailer after this bottle runs out.

1. The Scent. To me for some reason it gives off a kind of "beer" type of scent as I'm doing the entire car. It makes me somewhat nauseous. The old Quick Detailer has a much better and much more pleasant scent (to me anyway). All the other Meguiar's products I own have a very pleasant scent which only add to the pleasure of using them. This is the only scent I have found unpleasant.

2. The Bottle. The new bottle looks cool, but I don't like the grip at all. If you grip the neck of the bottle naturally in it's contour, it positions your trigger finger too high up on the trigger, closer to the nozzle. I have to switch to a less comfortable modified grip to reposition my trigger finger properly. Even then it's not too comfortable.

In contrasts, the old Quik Detailer bottle provides a very natural, comfortable relaxed grip that automatically positions your trigger finger right at the lower part of the trigger.

Comment

I on the other hand, like the smell and don't mind the bottle.

I've "stress" tested the product lately. I car wash the car, most often with the blow dry at the end. Then a little hand dry and then UQD. Yesterday it was a bit cold to use UQD, 21 degrees F, so it didn't wipe off as easily as usual. Inside the car wash was probably a bit warmer. It could also be my "base" coat of Gold Class is disappearing after this miserable winter.

Nothing but two thumbs up from me for UQD. Although both the thumbs are inside leather gloves!

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      David

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
                        has anyone else had a problem with bugs wanting to stick to your finish with UQD on ? or even UQW? flies and weird little bugs love my paint when i have UQD or UQW on. maybe they love the smell or taste ? who knows lol just wanted to know if anyone else expeirences the same
                        Yes, also happen here, as I don't park my car inside the garage, only under carport. But I don't see any negative effect of those bugs. The paint still perfect in the next morning.

It also happened after I wax my car using NXT 2.0
                        ======================

=======================

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                          IMO, Yes, hands down the best detailer!
                          Good to hear, I bought 2 last night.....
                          BobbyG

Comment

Well I've found that by simply rotating the spray nozzle 180 degrees gives a much more confortable grip due to the shape of the bottle. I'll come to get used to the scent with time.

But it's a fantastic product none the less. The microfiber towel just glides across the car effortlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Pacer View Post
                              Two things that I did not like about this new Ultimate Detailer that will probably have me switching back to the old Quik Detailer after this bottle runs out.

1. The Scent. To me for some reason it gives off a kind of "beer" type of scent as I'm doing the entire car. It makes me somewhat nauseous. The old Quick Detailer has a much better and much more pleasant scent (to me anyway). All the other Meguiar's products I own have a very pleasant scent which only add to the pleasure of using them. This is the only scent I have found unpleasant.

2. The Bottle. The new bottle looks cool, but I don't like the grip at all. If you grip the neck of the bottle naturally in it's contour, it positions your trigger finger too high up on the trigger, closer to the nozzle. I have to switch to a less comfortable modified grip to reposition my trigger finger properly. Even then it's not too comfortable.

In contrasts, the old Quik Detailer bottle provides a very natural, comfortable relaxed grip that automatically positions your trigger finger right at the lower part of the trigger.
                              To follow up on my own comments about not liking the scent of UQD.

I've found that by shaking the bottle well as directed, it really makes a noticeable difference in the scent, at least to me. In fact, I've found that it really smells great! I picked up my second bottle of Ultimate Quik Detailer today.

I also picked up a bottle of Ultimate Quik Wax today, and it's scent is absolutely amazing to me!

As far as the trigger on the bottle, I found that simply using both my index and middle finger together to spray gives a very natural comfortable grip during use. I love the look and labeling of both bottles.

Besides the great performance of Meguair's products, the other two things I've always really loved is the overall great scents and the way Meguiar's labels and packages their products. It makes using the products a pleasure. When I hold a nicely labled Meguair's product, I can't help but to feel that what I have in my hands is of the highest quality. I've been buying a bunch of Meguiar's lately it's almost like an addiction.

It's for these reasons that I have all but tossed aside all my other Armor All and Mother's products aside in favor of nothing but Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by HK77 View Post
                                Correct me If I'm worng. Is it ture that somes say UQD is actually a Spray Wax without needing to let it dry? So, what if I compare between UQD and NXT Spray Wax? How about the slickeness, water beading, durability? As the prices for both products are not different, I want to know what makes them different? Is NXT Spray Wax also a Mist on, Wipe off Product or still needs to wait before wiping off?
                                If its a spray wax like NXT Spray Wax or UQW then what does the detailer word differs?whats the difference between them.
                                2012 Nissan Micra 1.2 Cvt
                                2011 Renault Fluence Edc Turbo diesel 1.5
                                2009 SEAT Ibiza 1.2

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');