• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flagship Premium Marine Wax - Improved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flagship Premium Marine Wax - Improved

Flagship Premium Marine Wax - Improved
    • Increased beading / protection
    • Most durable protection in Marine line
    • Enriches color & gloss
    • Removes light oxidation, scratches & swirls

FLAGSHIP PREMIUM MARINE WAX
    Dramatically enriches color and shine of fiberglass and gel coat surfaces. Effective in removing light oxidation and dullness, restoring gloss, and adding protection from UV damage.

*Use wax only after the surface has been cleaned and restored to a “like new” or “average” finish.

11 oz. M6311 (Paste) MSRP $14.95
    16 oz. M6316 MSRP $19.99
    32 oz. M6332 MSRP $35.49
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Flagship Premium Marine Wax - Improved

Mike, after using a heavy oxidation remover, is this product good for the next and final step or should something else be applied before I use this?
    Thanks!

Comment

If you like the look of your gelcoat after you use your compound and it looks clear with no swirls or haze, you should be ok to just follow it up with Flagship Wax. or you could try some M45 to feed the pores and then follow up with the Flagship wax.

Comment

I thought just putting Marine wax on my Gel coat would be enough to get rid of the oxidation on my motorcoach. I was mistaken. So I bought some #2 Fine -Cut cleaner to help get rid of the oxidation. It kind of works but I still have a uneven finish. Looking at it at a angle you can see the overlapping of the orbital polisher. this coach is 43' long and I don't want to keep going around it for the rest of my life. Are there any suggestions on this process?

Comment

Wax alone will not and was not intended to remove oxidation. You'll need to step up to a much more aggressive product and best to use a cutting pad on a DA. Take a look at #49, 67 and 91 for oxidation removal. You will most likely still have an uneven look depending on type, age and condition of your gelcoat. I have great results topping my oxidation removal product with a wax to even out the look. If your RV is not stored inside and depending on where you live, you may have to repeat this process a couple times each year at least.
          Barry

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I am having a hard time using the orbital polisher for the first time with the #2 Fine-Cut. It turns into a paste that I can hardly remove from the gel coat by hand. I am kind of leaning to going back to my standard hand application.
            Last edited by Freightlinercoachman; Aug 17, 2010, 08:50 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Freightlinercoachman View Post
              Thanks for the ideas. I am having a hard time using the orbital polisher for the first time with the #2 Fine-Cut. It turns into a paste that I can hardly remove from the gel coat by hand. I am kind of leaning to going back to my standard hand application.
              #2 fine cut may not have the abrasive power to cut through the oxidation on the paint, so while it cuts into the oxidation (and becomes contaminated, thus loosing cut) it clumps up and works into a paste.

Try something that is a little wetter and has larger abrasive, like Heavy Cut Cleaner or M95 Speed Cut Compound.

Then you can come back with the fine cut cleaner (make sure you are cleaning the pad frequently) and see if that helps.
              Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Let us know what make and model RV you have. You said it was 43ft. and that leads me to think it has full body paint with clear coat. Also, what kind of orbital machine are you using?
                Barry

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');