• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 - Formula Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 - Formula Update

What is the cure time on M21 2.0 ? Does it need to cure for 12hrs?
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Same as others.... 12-24 hours for best looks, but trying to wait 10-15 minutes between coats is good.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Same as others.... 12-24 hours for best looks, but trying to wait 10-15 minutes between coats is good.
        Thanks. I'm trying to decided between wax and sealant. They each have their advantages and disadvantages when compared to each other.
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

When you say cure time, does that mean leaving the wax on the surface for 12-24 hours before removing it with a microfiber?
          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
            When you say cure time, does that mean leaving the wax on the surface for 12-24 hours before removing it with a microfiber?
            No. You apply a wax or paint sealant, allow it to dry till it swipes clear and then wipe it off.

Now, as times goes by, what was left on the surface is curing or fully setting up.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike, that is what I thought...just wanted to make sure.
              NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                Thanks. I'm trying to decided between wax and sealant. They each have their advantages and disadvantages when compared to each other.
                Probably dont need to think too deep about it.....

Remember Tech Wax and #21 are effectively the same product, and all of the carnuba waxes are blended with some polymers.

So as long as you are maintaining regularly, you really cant go wrong. Unless you want the Hydrophobic properties, which are only in the new 2.0 waxes.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Probably dont need to think too deep about it.....

Remember Tech Wax and #21 are effectively the same product, and all of the carnuba waxes are blended with some polymers.

So as long as you are maintaining regularly, you really cant go wrong. Unless you want the Hydrophobic properties, which are only in the new 2.0 waxes.
                  This would be for customer cars.
                  AeroCleanse, LLC
                  www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

This would be for customer cars.
                    M21 2.0 is a no-brainer. You can buy it cheap in bulk, it goes on whisper thin (uses less product aka $), provides fantastic results on any color, and lasts a long time.

I use M21 2.0, applied via G110 (used to be G100) on 9 out of 10 of my client's vehicles. It's a fantastic and easy to use product for the professional market.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                      M21 2.0 is a no-brainer. You can buy it cheap in bulk, it goes on whisper thin (uses less product aka $), provides fantastic results on any color, and lasts a long time.

I use M21 2.0, applied via G110 (used to be G100) on 9 out of 10 of my client's vehicles. It's a fantastic and easy to use product for the professional market.
                      Price isn't an object, I want the best
                      AeroCleanse, LLC
                      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Price isn't an object, I want the best
                        Price aside, I still think M21 2.0 is a smart choice for pros to use. The last thing I want to deal with after a long 10-14 hour day of polishing paint is a wax that is a pain to apply or remove.

M21 2.0 is a breeze to apply, and just as easy to remove. It leaves a notably slick finish (clients love to feel the paint), adds significant gloss, and even helps to hide minor imperfections in the paint.

Have you tried it out yet? I say order a sample and try it for yourself...you don't need me/us to convince you, the product will do that by itself.

Comment

Haven't ordered anything yet, I'm still using up some paint sealant I already have, and won't buy again, mainly because of the lousy customer service of the company. I've been getting away with the D151, but I know that's a short term solution for wax / sealant.
                          AeroCleanse, LLC
                          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Well I am not sure if the Meguiar's Direct online store sells a sample size of M21 2.0, but I know that autodetailingsolutions.com does. They have great prices and super low shipping costs there.

If and when you get it, just remember the key to this product is to use a DA to apply where possible and put it on whisper thing. You should a;most have to struggle to see the product in some lighting before removal.

It usually takes about 5-10 minutes, or sometimes when it is REALLY cold 15 minutes to cure (only happened once for me), and just keep using the finger swipe test. If your finger wipes it away clean (streak free) then start removing the product working backwards from where you first applied it.

I know I might sound like a Meguiar's commercial, but I also LOVE the supreme shine microfiber for product removal. I've spent hundreds on high-end microfiber towels with oodles and oodles of pile (plushness) but in the end the supreme shine is one of the best towels in my arsenal for product removal.

Comment

I would definitely try the sample route from ads. I also agree you will really like it for your customers. Great product and it does last along time. Try the sample and you will be ordering the half gallon in no time.
                              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I'm also looking at other products besides Meguairs (shock), including Wolfgang, Dodo Juice and Swissvax. The only thing is here of course I'm going to get the Meguiars bias. Agh, why are there so many choices.
                                Last edited by AeroCleanse; Nov 17, 2008, 04:27 PM. Reason: s..missed the s
                                AeroCleanse, LLC
                                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');