• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 - Formula Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 - Formula Update

Originally posted by THERAPY View Post
    Andy,thx,i unerstood my mistake-wrong swipe test. tooday i wash my car and put wax on my car,waiting several minutes and made the swipe test...
    Great to hear you had good results. If you wait 30 mins before doing the swipe test I think you'll find even better results.
    Paul Marmarinos
    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Andy,please,tell me:i want to wax car by Gold Class and wax by M21,so, what better put on car first-M21 or MGC? Thx for your answer.)
      Up.) Please,tell me.. (( Whole day thinking about this..
      Moscow

Comment

the synthetic sealant goes on first, then 'topped' with gold class wax.
        Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
        baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Personally I would ue the GC first and then use M21 as a sealant. There are different opinions on this though.

Read here:

What's the deal with "Layering?"

Andy
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by fordf150 View Post
            While I will agree with you that #21 has good durability, have you tested both products side by side for comparison?

Not saying your statement isn't true, but I remember seeing a post by Mike Phillips about this very subject. According to him the main difference in the two is that #21 is formulated to allow application by rotary (hence professional line) while NXT isn't.
            Yes I have. I am not the only one to make that obesrvation.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
              Personally I would ue the GC first and then use M21 as a sealant. There are different opinions on this though.

Read here:

What's the deal with "Layering?"

Andy
              I thought the rule was wax over sealant.
              I thought since gold class would not last as long a M21, GCW would take M21 with it.
              so would M21 really last as long as usual layered over a not-so-lasting wax?

Comment

Hm.. I think M21 over GC must protect deep shine of GC. i'm wrong?
                Moscow

Comment

Originally posted by dope92cc View Post
                  I thought since gold class would not last as long a M21, GCW would take M21 with it.
                  The rule is there are no rules. As I stated that is "what I would do" but thats just me. I tend to protect the shine with a sealant. This has nothing to do with me being a mod of this forum, I just expressed an opinion. I don't claim to know everything about detailing but I do know a bit. Opinions vary. I realize my status as a moderator makes my opinion matter, but I never claimed to know everything, and my rep with show that. There is much more involved in moderating this forum than just answering questions about waxing cars.

Therapy,
                  Maybe ask your questions to a different thread in the detailing 101 forum, as this was an update about a new product by Mike Phillips the former administrator of this forum. Nothing against you but it may be better and you may get more opinions as opposed to mine. Since mine doesn't seem to matter to some.
                  Andy
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Like Andy indicated in his post - there definitely is no set answer on this. When it comes to wax, you often deal more with opinion than fact (in forums at least).

That said, I actually would likely go with the Gold Class first and seal it with the M21.

Can you do it the other way? You bet!

It's totally up to YOU and what YOUR eyes tell you looks best, and what YOUR experiences say works and lasts the best.

Waxing a car is only so much science, and after that it is about experimentation, having fun, and finding something you like (and using it often - as our buddy Mike Phillips would say).

Hope this helps!

Comment

Righty-o, I've barely even experimented with layering. I'm glad to hear there is no wrong way to do it. I guess it goes with Mike's saying "find something you like and use it often"
                      I just got myself very confused.

I have got a few cars lined up for thanksgiving. I'll make some notes for a 101 thread.Then possibly some show off threads afterwards.

Thanks for clarifying, Andy.

Comment

Another thanks to Mark.
                        I don't want to know where my mind would be right now if it weren't for you guys.

Comment

Another thanks to Mark.
                          I don't want to know where my mind would be right now if it weren't for you guys.
                          Haha, no problem. That's what we're here for!

Comment

Righty-o, I've barely even experimented with layering. I'm glad to hear there is no wrong way to do it. I guess it goes with Mike's saying "find something you like and use it often"
                            I just got myself very confused.

I have got a few cars lined up for thanksgiving. I'll make some notes for a 101 thread.Then possibly some show off threads afterwards.

Thanks for clarifying, Andy.
                            Hey feel free to post in D101. We would love to help you dial in a process for what you have lined up. Some pics of the cars now would be awesome!

Andy

Oh and by the way, No thanks needed, thats what we are here for!
                            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Pics of the cars. I'm afraid that will take some extra effort. 3 of the 4 are back home, as well as my camera and computer. All I can produce is a list.

My mom's green/blue/gray (dark metallic) BMW 525 '10
                              Brother's black (plain gloss) silverado '02
                              My green/gray (slightly dark metallic) camry '04
                              maybe my white '92 caprice. My baby sure could use some love.

Comment

Pics of the cars. I'm afraid that will take some extra effort. 3 of the 4 are back home, as well as my camera and computer. All I can produce is a list.

My mom's green/blue/gray (dark metallic) BMW 525 '10
                                Brother's black (plain gloss) silverado '02
                                My green/gray (slightly dark metallic) camry '04
                                maybe my white '92 caprice. My baby sure could use some love.
                                The new ones are easy!!! Easier anyway. I want to see the caprice!!!!

Go Chevy!!!

For the record.........That is wearing M21!

Andy
                                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');