• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 Dual Action Polisher - New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G110 Dual Action Polisher - New

So, if I bought this, and the correct pads... I would be able to use this to apply compounds, polishes, and waxes. I'm new to machines so I'm looking for as much info as possible. How would this compare to a PC7274. Basically looking for something that's not too heavy on the wallet, easy for a beginner to pick up and use, and not have to worry about screwing up my paint. I want to remove swirls, not add more (worse) ones, heh Thanks in advance guys.
    --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
      So, if I bought this....
      Are you referring to the G110 or BO6040?
      Paul Marmarinos
      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

i bet a pc with some wool pads and diamond cut could be dangerous in the wrong hands..even with a pc lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 565Customz View Post
          i bet a pc with some wool pads and diamond cut could be dangerous in the wrong hands..even with a pc lol.
          You don't even need to go that far. All you need is 4" pads and right set of circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
            You don't even need to go that far. All you need is 4" pads and right set of circumstances.
            Or heat up the edge of a bumper!
            All tools can do damage if used incorrectly. Some just take more effort. You can damage paint with #85 and your hand if you wanted too.
            www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
              Are you referring to the G110 or BO6040?
              I dunno! LOL Like I said, I'm new to thisssss
              --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

Hey Guys,

now that Meguiar's is also bringing this nice Machine to europe with 220V, we finally can start up with this machine, but one question:
                the OPM and Stand for polishen waxen or using DC step1 Paint cleaner, do the stay the same like with the G100 or not ?
                Shining regards
                Sven
                Meguiar's Exclusive importer for Belgium
                http://www.meguiars.be

Comment

So... when will this product become available? I have two gift cards to ADS burning a hole in my pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Sven@Meguiar Belgium View Post
                    Hey Guys,

now that Meguiar's is also bringing this nice Machine to europe with 220V, we finally can start up with this machine, but one question:
                    the OPM and Stand for polishen waxen or using DC step1 Paint cleaner, do the stay the same like with the G100 or not ?
                    Welcome Sven,

If you are referring to the speed settings used per product, then yes...they stay the same. The G-110 does have 6 speeds, but speed 5 is the highest recommended.

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thank You Tim for this confirmation.
                      Shining regards
                      Sven
                      Meguiar's Exclusive importer for Belgium
                      http://www.meguiars.be

Comment

Just wondering if someone can chime in and tell me what the actual size of the backing plate is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini13 View Post
                          Just wondering if someone can chime in and tell me what the actual size of the backing plate is.
                          BUMP

I plan on purchasing this upon release but I'm about to get some pads very soon and this is a critical aspect of my purchase. I know the the 6.5 megs pads will work but I'm interested in some 5.5's and the backing plate size is obviously a concern prior to purchasing said pads.

Comment

Is the G110 available for purchase? Where? I've hunted around the net and do not see them for purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by dblues View Post
                              Is the G110 available for purchase? Where? I've hunted around the net and do not see them for purchase.
                              Not to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini13 View Post
                                BUMP

I plan on purchasing this upon release but I'm about to get some pads very soon and this is a critical aspect of my purchase. I know the the 6.5 megs pads will work but I'm interested in some 5.5's and the backing plate size is obviously a concern prior to purchasing said pads.
                                Hey,

I just went and measured it. It is 4.75" in diameter, exactly the same as the current W64 DA.

I hope that helps!

Tim
                                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');