• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Product Line - New!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Product Line - New!

Meguiar's is excited to announce the launch of our new Motorcycle Care Line!

These new products are geared towards a unique market whose consumers have tremendous PASSION for their bikes, and desire specific targeted products. These products have been specifically formulated using with Meguiar's core chemistry and have been modified where necessary, packaged, and labeled to provide the motorcycle enthusiast the information and directions they desire.

The products will be readily available the week of 9/3 at approx 750 Wal Mart stores, with that number growing to over 1000 Wal Mart stores by the end of the year.

Motorcycle EZ Clean Spray & Rinse

Features/Benefits
    • Effortless Cleaning
    • Safe for All Surfaces
    • Removes Grime, Dirt & Dust
    Base Technology: New Product
    Size: 16 ounces
    Part Number: MC20016
    MSRP: $7.99

Motorcycle Detailer Mist & Wipe

Features/Benefits
    • Cleans Between Washing
    • Restores Luster & Shine
    • Maintains That Just Waxed Look
    Base Technology: Quik Detailer (A33)
    Size: 8 ounces
    Part #: MC20108
    MSRP: $3.99

Motorcycle Liquid Wax Wet Look

Features/Benefits
    • Deep Gloss, Brilliant Shine
    • Safe on All Paints, Chrome & Body Work
    • Easy On, Easy Off
    Base Technology: Cleaner/Wax (A12)
    Size: 6 ounces
    Part #: MC20206
    MSRP: $7.49

Motorcycle Plastic Cleaner/Polish

Features/Benefits
    • Safe on All Clear Plastics
    • Removes Fine Scratches & Oxidation
    • Restores Uncoated Windscreens & Helmet Shields
    Base Technology: PlastX (G123)
    Part #: MC20506
    MSRP: $4.59

Motorcycle Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Features/Benefits
    • Protects Against UV Aging
    • No-Slip Formula
    • Great on Vinyl Too
    Base Technology: G/C 1-Step (G72)
    Part #: MC20306
    MSRP: $6.39

Motorcycle All Metal Polish

Features/Benefits
    • Creates the Ultimate Mirror Like Shine
    • Quickly & Easily Removes Oxidation
    • Great on Chrome & Polished Aluminum
    Base Technology: Hot Rims Mag & Aluminum (G135)
    Part #: MC20406
    MSRP: $7.49

In case you were wondering....

Why did Meguiar’s get into the Motorcycle Industry?
    - It’s a unique market whose consumers have requested products like these because of their tremendous passion for their rides and desire specific, targeted products.

I use your car products now, can I still use them on my motorcycle?
    - Absolutely. While our automotive products are formulated for the specific automotive consumer, they will perform well on the like surfaces shared by cars and motorcycles.

What is different about these than your car products?
    -The motorcycle products have been specifically formulated with Meguiar’s core chemistry. They have been modified where necessary, and packaged and labeled to provide the motorcycle consumer with information and directions specific to their ride, providing greater relevancy and confidence.

What's better for my motorcycle...your car or motorcycle products?
    - Both provide great results. The more efficiently sized motorcycle products will provide a more convenient and fresher product over the use cycle.

Why are they so much more per ounce than your car care products?
    - The motorcycle consumer desires a smaller package size which results in a higher cost per ounce due to the similar package component costs.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Motorcycle Product Line - New!

To find our new Motorcycle Line, contact our Customer Care Center @ 1-800-347-5700

They have a list of the stores that are stocking this product line.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, how do they do it? Cars are easy, they are mostly painted the same way and clearcoated so it's easy to come out with a one product does all cars like NXT Tech Wax. So how do they deal with all the different materials used on different types of bikes? So are these products geared towards cruisers with a lot of chrome and shiny paint, for dirt bike with a lot of abs plastic and no shine, to sport bikes with a lot of painted plastic panels. Here's my bike, what product would work with the items like the plastic gas tank that actually breaths, I know because Buell had a campaign to replace these tanks when they clearcoated them and it bubbled up, tried to use a product designed for metal body work and not plastic. Also, what can I use on the seat to bring the black back without creating a hazard by making it slipperier? Glad you have motorcycle engineers on staff to figure this stuff out, haven't detailed the bike since I got it, too afraid. Imagine putting automotive tire shiny stuff on motorcycle tires, ouch, not good in corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellwinkle View Post
        Mike, how do they do it?

Well Buellwinkle, the answer to your question is in the 2nd sentence in the first paragraph of the thread that introduces our new Motorcycle line... (the thread you're actually posting to )

Meguiar's is excited to announce the launch of our new Motorcycle Care Line!

These products have been specifically formulated using with Meguiar's core chemistry and have been modified where necessary,

And then we answer the questions again at the bottom of the page...

In case you were wondering....

Why did Meguiar’s get into the Motorcycle Industry?

- It’s a unique market whose consumers have requested products like these because of their tremendous passion for their rides and desire specific, targeted products.

I use your car products now, can I still use them on my motorcycle?
        - Absolutely. While our automotive products are formulated for the specific automotive consumer, they will perform well on the like surfaces shared by cars and motorcycles.

What is different about these than your car products?
        -The motorcycle products have been specifically formulated with Meguiar’s core chemistry. They have been modified where necessary, and packaged and labeled to provide the motorcycle consumer with information and directions specific to their ride, providing greater relevancy and confidence.

What's better for my motorcycle...your car or motorcycle products?
        - Both provide great results. The more efficiently sized motorcycle products will provide a more convenient and fresher product over the use cycle.

- The motorcycle consumer desires a smaller package size which results in a higher cost per ounce due to the similar package component costs.

Usually the best thing to do when using a new product is to read and follow the directions on the label when using any of the above products. Then if you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here or contact Customer Care.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Is there anything for crinkle finish or powder coat? (engine surfaces) I've been experimenting here and there, but have not as yet perfected a process.

Comment

Originally posted by BINGO53 View Post
            Is there anything for crinkle finish or powder coat? (engine surfaces) I've been experimenting here and there, but have not as yet perfected a process.
            We don't make any specific products for crinkle finish paint on Motorcycles or anything automotive or marine related.

The problem with crinkle finish paint, as anyone that has owned a motorcycle with this type of paint would understand, is that the texture of the paint prevents a person from evenly wiping any product off a it will get trapped into the uneven surface of the coating thus being left behind.

Most of these parts are on the engine and engine components so then there's a heat issue to add to the difficulty.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              ...Most of these parts are on the engine and engine components so then there's a heat issue to add to the difficulty.
              Yep, that IS the problem. But I am somewhat hard headed at times, and can learn not only from my own mistakes but very quick to pickup on the mistakes of others. Though in this case, not mistakes, but rather experiments to find out what does not work.

I do suggest that when doing this type of research, experiment on the BOTTOM of the engine, and not on the top fin of the cylinder. (that was someone else's research.)

Baking is the problem. So far the best solution I have found is to keep them well washed with car soap from the beginning.

I did use your suggestion to use UQD up on the crinkle paint tank dash finish. WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                I just picked up Mist & Wipe 8 oz bottle for $2.50 at Wal-Mart in Long Beach.
                They had them on clearance sale, and all Motorcycle line products had discounted price.
                It smells just like NXT Speed Detailer which is plus! and love small packages!
                03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');