• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day from Meguiar's Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G'day from Meguiar's Australia

When will the new website be ready? I am looking forward to the online shopping. I need to buy some stuff but do not know if i should hold off.

Comment

ive tried emailing the sales link on the website and the motoractive rep over a week ago and have not received any replies, was only wondering what the release date is for UQD?

Comment

Quick update guys....
        Im currently putting together the list of new products which i will be putting on the meguiars.com.au website.
        i'll post the link up when its ready. sorry for the delay. im trying to do a thousand things at once :S

Alfisti - Texh Wax 2.0 will be available in April. #21 v2 might have a little more of a delay on it.

downsey - Still trying to find out as much as i can on the G220. We are having a few problems last i heard. Compliance, warrently, cost and the plug on the unit itself.
        When something new comes to light i'll keep you all informed.

seventhson - The new website is unfortunately still some time away. Management wants to get it right the first time so its taking a while. I wouldnt hold my breath too long if i was you i suggest you just head down to your local auto store to pick up some Meguiar's.

ozSS - Not sure why nobody has gotten back to you mate. sorry about that.
        UQD has and official market release of 1st July but Super Cheap will be stocking it from Feb. Super Cheaps order of UQD has been despatched from our warehouse so hopefully the product will be filtering through stores soon. I cant get an exact shelf date for you though.
        Alternatively UQD will be available to purchase through meguiars.com.au on 1st Feb

All the best guys

Alex

Comment

thanks alex, i did actually get a reply the day after i posted, but was told i needed to ask supercheap. next day reply from supercheap tells me UQD should be on the shelves by the end of the week, but they will only have small quantities. ill be interested to see what the RRP is too, hopefully not any worse than speed detailer. thanks for the reply and honesty mate.

Comment

rrp for UQD is $24.95

the same as speed detailer. i wonder which product ppl are going to choose :P

Comment

cool, thanks for that. going to run down and see if they have it yet tomorrow. i dont see speed detailer lasting too long now! must be the same in the states with all the new products. i guess thats half the reason it takes so long to get the new products!

Comment

well bought some UQD on thursday and used it yesterday afternoon before work. all i can say is WOW! definitely the glossiest finish ive ever achieved through a spray detailer, the paint is slick as hell and the shine is awesome. very, very impressed!

Comment

Hey OzSS

Sounds great - where did you get it from out of interest as I visisted my Super Cheap store and they didnt have it?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

supercheap macgregor in brisbane, obviously doesnt help you! try emailing the supercheap online feedback from their website, tell them your postcode and they can tell you the nearest store to you that has it in stock (at least they did with me)btw its 5c cheaper than speed detailer and is about 10 times the product (as far as gloss, beading and slickness go-and there was nothing wrong with SD in the first place!). awesome.

Comment

get 2 hear ozss, i cant wait now!!!
                      to alex,
                      many thanks for the package.
                      my search is now over

now to place some on my lil car hehe

again many thanks
                      Regards, Wilco
                      There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Comment

Great to have you on board Alex!

Any info on the G220 availability when it comes to hand would be great to hear!

Cheers

Comment

any updates alex?

Comment

hi all,
                            will have aussie meguiar's site updated by end of week.

im still trying to talk management into bring in some G220 at least so we can try them out and see what the fuss is all about.
                            also trying to sort out compliance issues with the unit.

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

I know this might sound silly but why don't you consider doing what I did - get one from the UK? It works fine and I have had it checked out by an electrician and all OK. I just use a power point adaptor so as to not affect the warranty by chopping off the plug.

In terms of performance it is UNREAL. I have tried it on the bonnet of the wife's silver Prado with some #80 and it was like glass at the end. It has been so hot over here in Perth I haven't scored a weekend cool enough to do my black Caprice....hopeful we will cool down soon.

A suggestion anyway for your consideration.

Have a great week.

Paul

Comment

everyone should check out meguiars.com.au for info on the '08 products in Australia.
                                Hope it answers all your questions.

Im heading off on a much needed holiday tomorrow so I wont be online for 2 weeks. If anyone is still wondering abouts things then i'll personally answer ur questions as soon as im back.

catch u all later

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');