• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FLEX orbital polisher..!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FLEX orbital polisher..!!!

I think using a machine for waxing is a great tool. It cuts the time by half and applies a more of a uniform coat.

Plus you can switch it for polishing and other purposes.
    As for pads, I would just get some of the new soft buff 2.0 pads with a Velcro backing plate.

Comment

Re: FLEX orbital polisher..!!!

Originally posted by desigarms View Post
      Hi guys,

Total newbie here. I've been using my elbow muscle all these years and just recently bought this Flex unit.

Can someone recommend a pad to go with this unit for applying wax. My car is new and I don't need a cutting/cleaning pad (yet). So nothing aggressive please.

Also, do I need anything to attach the pad to? I believe the Flex comes with Velcro.

thanks in advance.

Jason
      Jason, I'm just starting my business, so not and expert, but the Flex I looked at online comes with a velcro backing plate. Any good finishing pad should work for applying and wax and just put a polishing bonnet over it to remove the wax. I bought Meguiar's Gold pad yesterday for use on my rotary and DA. Terry cloth bonnets are only a few bucks and worth it to get several so you always have a clean one on hand.

I'm thinking of getting a Flex myself and think it is a good investment, even if you have a rotary and a DA. All three have benefits, IMO. When I try to get a little forceful with my DA, not only does it bog down it also make one heck of a noise so a quieter Flex when pressure is needed would be music to my ears!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');