• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Drying Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Drying Method

I've followed the advice found on this and other threads and have concluded it's best to use as little as possible that actually makes contact with the paint surface.

I always use a stream of water to sheet dry then use my leaf blower to remove the rest. I get some really weird looks from the neighbors, but I get fantastic results.

As a side note, when you do this, there's never a need to spend time afterwards cleaning the windows. They are cleaned and dried in the process and there's no streaking.
    -Scott

Comment

what is a Water Magnet. Can some one let me know. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
        what is a Water Magnet. Can some one let me know. Thanks
        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
        Calais Auto Detailing
        CalaisDetails@aim.com
        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

waffle weave, quick wax, then microfiber

Comment

Comment

I like the notion of a leaf blower. It seems great for nooks and crannies, more energy left in my arm for a quick wax. Windows seem good too. If I do happen to further clean the windows, I use newspaper to wipe windows & I am happy with the results

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                I used to use the absorber, but lately I've been using large microfiber drying towels.
                Well, after having used both the Absorber and microfiber drying towels, I have mainly been using the Cobra Guzzler as of late. ***** up any remaining water like crazy, and if you remove most of the water by flooding the car, you can pick up the rest of the water without having to wring it out. It's really cool.
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I have mainly been using the Cobra Guzzler as of late. ***** up any remaining water

It got censored

Comment

Well, after having used both the Absorber and microfiber drying towels, I have mainly been using the Cobra Guzzler as of late. REMOVES up any remaining water like crazy, and if you remove most of the water by flooding the car, you can pick up the rest of the water without having to wring it out. It's really cool.

fixed

Comment

heres my method and its been working great.
                      would love to try a compressed air or blow dryer method, but would have to make sure the incoming air is filtered to keep dust and particles from force blowing onto your newly washed paint.

grab a regular towel, fold is longways, then throw it over the top of the roof, reach as far as you can and pull the towel slowly to the front, do the same with the other side of the roof. The towel should be kinda moist now, drape it long ways on the top of the hood, then slowly pull it down to the front of the car.

do the same for the sides except you pull up when you "Slap drape" the towel to the sides. Any leftover water beads get PAT DRIED with the same towel.

so essentially with my black car, theres no circular motions or wiping. to keep swirls and scratches away.

Comment

Always use the Water Sheet method first, then Water Magnet hardly have to ring it out!!! Then use compressor with pistol grip end "in all nooks & cranies" pat dry any beads from the water blowin' out of areas never a problem of any runs of water or drips later!!!!! Works great for me for a while now!!!!

Comment

I flood the car to make the water sheet off and then blot as much as I can with a waffle weave towel.

Whatever is left is gently wiped off with a waffle weave.
                          Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
                          Houston Area Mobile Detailing
                          www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Now, I use the Absorber chased by a microfiber drying towel from Wal-Mart. Works really nicely.
                            Tedrow's Detailing
                            845-642-1698
                            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

None of the above.

I bought an electric leaf blower specifically for this purpose.

Regardless of how soft and smooth the towel is it's still in contact with the surface and under "some" pressure which in turn causes lines or swirls on the finish.

High speed air safely removes water droplets without the risk of inducing damage to the finish.

There will always be some water that needs to be absorbed using a Microfiber towel but 98% can be removed using a leaf blower.
                              BobbyG

Comment

bought 2 Toro leaf blowers for $20 each a few months ago at Home Depot. Used it to remove most of the water on the cars, dried the wheels good too...when I wash my floor mats...leaf blower work good too.

Use a thick shaggy MF to get the remaining water missed by the leaf blower....and apply a coat of UQW or UQD.
                                "STRIFE" aka Phil
                                2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                                2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                                2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');