• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOL History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOL History

The History of Meguiar's Online Discussion Forum

We were doing some research for a project and in the process went looking for the first thread started on Meguiar's Online and thought we would share this with the current forum community.

This first thread was one of our "Pictures & Comments Threads" from the first Saturday Class held after the forum went live which was January 24th, 2004

This thread was posted on... Jan 24th, 2004, 09:34am according to the time stamp on the thread.

Mini Coopers at Meguiar's NXT Generation Garage!

We had 15 people join our forum the first day the doors were opened! Member List by Join Date

We would like to say thank you to all our forum members for making Meguiar's Online the success that it is and will continue to be.

The History of our Saturday Detailing Classes
    Meguiar's has always placed a strong emphasis on education ever since entering into this business in 1901. Meguiar's moved to their current headquarters here in Irvine, California in 1989 and since that time has always offered educational hands-on training here at our facilities. With the advent of the Internet and the introduction of software to create what we call discussion forums, we began coordinating our classes held on Saturday through our discussion forum as it was a way to easily reach car clubs represented by their online communities.

Our first class coordinated through the www.MercedesShop.com discussion forum was held on a Saturday, August 31st, 2002 We're happy to say that many of the friends we made through this class are still friends and active members of our forum today.

The time stamp on the below thread is 07-11-2002, 10:46pm and the class was held on Saturday, August 31st 2002

SoCal Mercedesshop, Meguiar's Detailing Day In August

The sign-up thread is 8 pages long with the pictures and comments after the class being posted to the same thread starting on page 6 It has 115 Replies and right at 6000 views since it's creation and the posting of this thread.

Here's the only two pictures we have from that event although were trying to locate a few more...

The History of our Weeknight "Open Garage" classes

In the spring of 2006 we decided to start a new type of class during the middle of the week that would basically be an informal event where our forum members would be welcome to bring their cars to Meguiar's Garage and with the help and oversight of Meguiar's Staff, check out our extensive line of products and test them out on their cars. This has turned out to be highly successful and very popular with our local forum members.

We have two locations where photos and comments are posted, one is on the Archive forum and one is on our new forum.

Pictures and Comment from our Open Garage classes on the Archive Forum
    Pictures and Comments from our Open Garage classes on our New Forum

As you can see by this picture we work into the night with our classes usually ending around 9:30 to 10:00pm

History of our Extreme Makeovers at Meguiar's Garage

Once in a while a really cool special interest car comes our way that's just begging to have the paint polished to it's maximum potential, for these cars we arrange to hold a dedicated night class at Meguiar's Garage and invite our forum members to be a part of the "Transformation Team" to Meguiarize the car. This gives our forum members an opportunity to work on some pretty cool cars and everyone has a lot of fun. Below are a few examples...

Blast from the Past! - The dead brought back to life!

Before - Yes the paint is actually turning from red to white in some places

After

One of our most recent Extreme Makeover projects was to take the finish on the 1956 Cadillac Eldorado to an even higher level of quality. This is a display vehicle at the Marconi Museum and admittedly it had a pretty nice finish, that's where it actually gets difficult. It's easy to take something in really bad shape and make a dramatic before and after project out of it, it's a lot more difficult to take something in pretty nice shape and take it to an even higher level as the differences between before and after while not as dramatic usually take surgeon precision with each process. It requires a product line with a lot of options for products and how they can be applied and definitely requires a lot more skill and talent to execute without making a mistake.

The finished results...

The Transformation Team for this project

Time flies when you're having fun!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: MOL History

We've been live for approximately three and a half years now and still going strong. We would like to say thank you to all our forum members for making Meguiar's Online the success that it is and will continue to be.....
    It is us who should be thanking Meguiars. For setting up a server, having guys like Ross take care of the IT nightmare and keep her running strong. You for answering our questions. Mike P for giving his answers, Brian, Ash, Nick for their input. (anyone else I forgot, I'm sorry!!)

I would also like to thank you pro's (Joe, Kevin, Rasky, Joe, Scott, etc) for giving your advise so those of us can work on our cars. It's like calling a plumber and get free advise to plumb your house. You truly are ladies and gentlemen for helping us little people out. Hopefully when I get my new G100 (and I hope it was the machine, not me) I can get my cars close to you artists can get yours.

Thanks Meguiars and everyone part of it.

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with Nappers. Very well put Aaron. This site is a unbelievable source of good honest answers for just about anything relating to detailing a vehicle. Thank You all for the great work that everyone does. It has been a tremendous help to me.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thank you Meguiars for putting together a site where you can learn from each other as well as the pros. Before I used to call Meguiars directly for answers about products and their application. Now I can get that information from people who use the products on a daily basis and get their personal feedback. I have learned so much from everyone that has posted. My skills have been enhanced 10 fold because of this site and all the members that post. Thanks to everyone who make this site a success.

Comment

Cool!! I joined about a week and 1/2 after MOL was started! Does that make me an old timer?
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Wow... I am MOL member #44...and the party continues!
            Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
            Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
              Cool!! I joined about a week and 1/2 after MOL was started! Does that make me an old timer?
              Just being old makes you an "Old Timer" or we prefer... "Seasoned Pro"

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Just being old makes you an "Old Timer" or we prefer... "Seasoned Pro"

I need a t-shirt with that printed on it!
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Very cool! Thanks everyone for making this a great place!

With out MOL I would still be only mildly obsessive about my ride. lol

MOL has a birthday coming up soon!
                  Scott

Comment

It's wonderful and amazing how much you can learn from this site. NEVER would I have thought that I would be able to produce the kind of results that I can now produce on vehicles...this has to be one of the most informative, friendly, and supportive forums on the web..I've said it before and I'll say it again, Meguiars simply knows the most important thing to success; happy customers !!!.

I still think they put something in their products that makes them addictive. Why would a grown man with a family need 4 bottles of Ultimate Detailer ? and 3 bottles of Wheel Cleaner ?...and 5 tubes of Scratch X ?...I could pay for a college education with the bins full of this stuff !!!..BUT I LOVE IT !!!!!

Thank YOU Meguiars and the entire staff that helps keep this forum great... ....and to all the members, you rock...
                    Bill Poirier
                    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

On the 24th of this month it will be 4 years...
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

A big thank you to Meguiar's and Mike Phillips for all their work on MOL. Mike you are a great asset to this place. A real big kudos to my fellow car detailing "nuts" out there too.LOL All you guys and gals rock!!
                        2016 Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD View Post
                          It's wonderful and amazing how much you can learn from this site. NEVER would I have thought that I would be able to produce the kind of results that I can now produce on vehicles...this has to be one of the most informative, friendly, and supportive forums on the web..I've said it before and I'll say it again, Meguiars simply knows the most important thing to success; happy customers !!!.

I still think they put something in their products that makes them addictive. Why would a grown man with a family need 4 bottles of Ultimate Detailer ? and 3 bottles of Wheel Cleaner ?...and 5 tubes of Scratch X ?...I could pay for a college education with the bins full of this stuff !!!..BUT I LOVE IT !!!!!

Thank YOU Meguiars and the entire staff that helps keep this forum great... ....and to all the members, you rock...

and with all the other delightful replies posted!
                          "Round-Of-Applause" to everybody with
                          MEGUIARITIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          on, people!

Comment

Has it been four years already??

I can't believe how fast the time has pasted by!

Just glad that I have been a part of this great forum.
                            r. b.

Comment

While I don't post much anymore, I do still pop in a read whats going on every now and then. This place has become my source of research whenever me or one of our Corvette Club members has a question or problem...

Thanks Meguair's and all those that keep this place alive.
                              Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                              08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                              98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                              82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');