• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NorCal MOL User Get To Gether Feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorCal MOL User Get To Gether Feeler

Hellow MOL Members. I have started this pole to see if there is any interest in having a Meguiars Online get-to-gether in 08. This would be held in the northern California area but would be open to all members regarless of where they reside.

The idea is to get everyone together and meet the faces and vehicles behind the screen names. Every car, truck, or other type of vehicle would be welcome to show off their great Meguiars shine, inside and out.

If there is enough interest in doing this, I would be willing to coordinate the effort and find a location for everyone to meet. It would most likely be in the San Francisco Bay Area or possibly a little further south like Santa Cruz or Monterey so it would be easier for folks from southern CA to get there. This would most likely happen in the May through August timeframe.

If there is enough interest, I would also see if Meguiars would help sponsor the event for all us car crazy MOL members and maybe we could even get Mike Phillips himself to attend. With enough time, it might be possible to get other sponsors and include a raffle at the event and maybe even a few awards like best swirl free finish, most Meguiars products used, best wet look finish...etc. Everyone who registered at the event would get something to put in their windshield with their screen name, car details and a unique number to help make the associations.

After reading this I am sure some of you have other ideas formulating. Go ahead and post them if you have em. Everyone's input is welcome. This could be a really cool event but I want to keep it simple. If it gets to involved other people will be needed to help put it all together and that could become an issue.
    Yes, I would definately go
    66.67%
    No, I would not attend
    16.67%
    Not sure
    16.67%

Re: NorCal MOL User Get To Gether Feeler

Hey all, I guess I should have mentioned my intention for this event was for it to be free.There would be no registration fee, it would just be a gathering of MOL users showing off their rides and meeting those we speak with in the forum.

I just wanted to make sure that was clear when people read this.

Thanks.

Comment

I guess there doesn't seem to be much interest in this or nobody has seen it. If your interested a reply would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Sounds like it would be fun but it's too long of a drive for me.
        Scott

Comment

I dont think i could get enough time off but hey not a bad idea at all.

Comment

I think its a good idea. But because of travel and such alot of people probably would not make it. How about on a more regional basis. Then maybe we could combine a roadshow class in conjunction with this. Just typing out loud. lol
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I'm game! Let me know if you need help! I know we talked about this a little while back...

Comment

i would go if i could get a ride and since the areas you said are pretty close to me i think i would be able to manage to get someone to take me. I might have to detail there car for them lol but i wouldnt mind doing it

Comment

Originally posted by mudvayne9790 View Post
                  i would go if i could get a ride and since the areas you said are pretty close to me i think i would be able to manage to get someone to take me. I might have to detail there car for them lol but i wouldnt mind doing it
                  I could pick you up on the way to S.F. I'd have to go that way anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by 23jam View Post
                    I think its a good idea. But because of travel and such alot of people probably would not make it. How about on a more regional basis. Then maybe we could combine a roadshow class in conjunction with this. Just typing out loud. lol
                    I guess it wasn't specifically stated but it was my thought this would be a regional event. I didn't expect people from around the country and the world for that matter to come, just those who were more local to the area. I didn't even expect a large turnout from those in southern CA. So yes, this would be a regional event but anyone wanting to travel the distance would be more than welcome.

I just don't know how many members there are in the area and before putting in the time and effort wanted to see how much interest there would be in doing this.

Keep the replies and feedback coming. If there appears to be enough interest I will put something together.

Comment

Bump. Maybe this will get more response now that the holidays are over. If not it doesn't seem like something to many are interested in.

Comment

I guess this isn't something anyone is really interested in so I guess I will let it be. I just thought it would be a great idea to have MOL members meet each other and see everyone's ride. Maybe another time.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');