• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you park when going out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where do you park when going out?

I'm surprised PorscheGuy997 didn't respond to this thread .
    He could park in the Gobi desert and get hit by a shopping cart ..
    Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
    ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
    (269)650-2242

Comment

hehehe

Comment

Like Mike In Orange. I park if possible with one side next to the end of a parking space, away from shopping cart receptacles, near nice cars. I have a 2000 Yukon, not one door ding and my '05 Neon looks better than when I drove off when I bought it.

Best part is, the wife drives the Neon mostly and has done the same .

Aaron
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

more of a middle ground... depends on parking lot...

Cramped community college campus? I park in the back.

Comment

LOL, this thread is funny - it's good to see so many other like minded parkers out there! I usually get in trouble when going shopping with my wife for being too fussy about where I park.

As well as what everyone else has said (park away from other cars or up against a wall or column), the big one for me is to always park under cover. 98% of its life, my car has been parked under cover. Hell, I even park in an under cover security car park near where I work, and then walk 12 minutes to get to work every day!

...My work colleagues just don't understand...
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I didn't see this thread until Joe pointed it out to me.

Normally, I do not have a problem with dents and scratches when I shop. Walmart is a totally different place... I can not park in the Walmart parking lot without recieving some sort of dent or scratch - not the ones, these are the white deep ones. When the NXT 2.0 kits came out, I got excited, but then realized that they were at Walmart. So, I parked along the farthest row in the lot - there wasn't a car within 50ft. Sure enough, there was a three inch gouge on the front bumper when I returned.

I avoid Walmart at all costs and spend my money at different stores (even if the price is higher) because I know that I won't have to pull the Makita out when I get home. It's like I'm being punished for buying things cheaper...
              Chris
              Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I park as far away from everyone else as possible. People who go anywhere with me think I am crazy, but I just tell them thats why GOD gave you legs. I hate when people hit your car with their door and just say oh well.

Andy
                101impala
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
                  ... I hate when people hit your car with their door and just say oh well.
                  Andy
                  101impala
                  The line I just cannot stand is.."Oh! You can just compound that out." One morning at Home Depot I got that line, my mean streak was a little close to the surface. I very nicely and sincerly replied "Really?" Where can I get this compound? What do you do with it? I have to spend money for it? May I get your insurance information? You don't have insurance?! Then let me have your personal info so I can send you the bill. Then bring out the cam to take pics of license plate, damage etc.

It can and did go a little further, but no shouting or anything. She just hopped in her car and left with the image of me taking pics in her rear view mirror.

Hopefully, she may have gotten the idea that slamming her door into parked cars causes financial damage for someone else to repair. NAAAH.

Comment

Sorry, accidental double post. Someone remove the blank here please?
                    Last edited by BINGO53; Jan 11, 2008, 07:13 AM. Reason: double post.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');