• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been always using Meguiar's and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you been always using Meguiar's and why?

I'm a Car Crazy Meguiar's junkie, and believe, based on research from various forums and using a couple of other brands in the past, that Meguiar's in my opinion has got the whole package (product line, community, longevity and service). It's always been Meguiar's for me. However, there are some of you who have been converted after swearing loyalty to, or simply used, one brand and or product(s). So, from which one(s) and why?
    3M
    8.05%
    Black Magic
    6.32%
    Eagle One
    7.18%
    Klasse
    4.60%
    Menzerna
    4.89%
    Mothers
    12.07%
    Optimum
    4.60%
    Turtle
    10.34%
    Wolfgang
    1.72%
    Zaino
    2.59%
    Zymol
    4.89%
    Other (Please Describe)
    11.21%
    None. I have always been a Meguiar's devotee
    21.55%

Re: Have you been always using Meguiar's and why?

When I first started out when I was about 10 years old (now 16) I used to just use what ever my dad had. Then I started getting stuff from Auto-Zone and Wal-Mart, but it was still Armor All, Turtle Wax and Black Magic. Then once I did the Meguiar's RX thing on their website I started using Meguiar's because thats all the "prescription" called for. Then I found the forum and I still use Meguiar's and pretty much all Meguiar's.

Why?
    In my opinion there isn't one single car car prodcut company out there that has the same features as Meguiar's:
    1. An online forum that's family friendly and will help you answer almost any question and we all have a good time. It's always nice to spend time on here.
    2. A product line that includes almost any thing you need for car detailing, from accessories to actual products.
    a. Every product in their lines works great and is reasonably priced (almost to cheap for what you get)
    b. Every product works well with one another
    c. Every product has a pleasant smell and great appearance (bottles)
    3. A customer care team that actually does care and wants to help you out and solve that shipping issue or what not
    4. A open garage that is open almost every weekend and through many months during the week to get help and just hang out.

If you can find another company that has those features, I'll switch to them, but I haven't even seen a company come close to the way Meguiar's does things!!

Great job Meguiar's!!!

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I didn't vote because I haven't really switched to/from any products exclusively. I have used and still use several Meguiar's products and overall, I have been happy with the results. A typical detail for a friend will be done with #80 and NXT Tech Wax and then I give them the NXT in the hope they will use it once in a while.
      For many years, I used mostly Meguiar's products with a few 3M products mixed in at times. I used the Medallion Premium Paint Protection for over ten years.
      I would probably never have strayed from the Meguiar's ranks had I not found out that there were products that didn't leave white residue on textured plastic trim. That one thing is probably the only complaint I have had with Meguiar's.
      I don't have any luck with #7, but everyone tells me that's an operator problem so I don't really blame Meguiar's for that.
      Charles
      The Rainmaker

Comment

I had used many brands until i tried my first Meguiar's product,GC liquid wax.

Comment

I have been doing my vehicles for to long to remember. At first it was whatever is on sale. (I know that its bad to say). Then in the early 90's I tried mostly Armor all. Was not satisfied. P{layed around with other waxes, still not satisfied. I then found Meguiars. Its by far the best brand out there.

When you factor everything in how can you beat Meguiars.
          1. Price
          2. Product for all situations.
          3. this fabulous forum.
          4.Customer care and support.
          5.prescription rx.
          6. The fact that imho they really care and the longevity of the company.

These are just some of the reasons Meguiars has a customer for life in me. Keep up the great work.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I first learned about Meguiars from my father. I'm goIng to be 65 next month and dad taught me about Meguiar's when I was about 15. So I've been using Meguiar's products for 50 years. No regrets. Never had an issue that was not resolved to my total satisfaction.

My two sons are now 100% Meguiar's users as well. What goes around comes around.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

2. A product line that includes almost any thing you need for car detailing, from accessories to actual products.
              a. Every product in their lines works great and is reasonably priced (almost to cheap for what you get)
              b. Every product works well with one another
              c. Every product has a pleasant smell and great appearance (bottles)

I agree with the above statement but, may I add that besides the good smell it's also good to know that it's safe to be around.
              D.) They know what a polish really is + they offer a glaze.
              E.) When megs comes out with a product you can trust that it will work well.
              F.) I love the different lines of product inside Megs itself It's the main reason why I moved from Mothers.
              G.) They educate the people who use this stuff this forum is just the latest attempt to do so.

Comment

i used to be a man of the turtle..but then i was reborn and found meguiars
                all hail meguiars
                i love meguiars
                Got one warm day for
                -'93 Ford Probe Red (SOLD)
                -'03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Red

Comment

Although I use Meguiars almost exclusively I still use other products as they work for me and I like the results that they give.

For the price and results though....I have not seen anything come close to Meguiars. Throw in the customer service and product support and the alternatives just don't stack up.

Of course, I doubt many posters will hate on Meguiars on this forum.

Comment

I haven't used any yet, but I have some ready to go. I still have stuff from rightlook.com, but having a forum to share with other people is a major plus of Meg's.
                    AeroCleanse, LLC
                    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

In the dark ages, dish soap, old beach towel to dry, turtle wax and wiped off with another old beach towel and in the sun!!

RUNNING WITH SCISSORS, RUNNING WITH SCISSORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought I had one sweet ride!!!

Now it's the proper 5 step, although not totally swirl free, looks good none the less.

Aaron
                      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I was gifted some armor all interior stuff for my interior, and used a mothers clay bar due to it being the only one sold (same for some soft top protectant). Other than that 100% meguiars from day one! Honestly not sure how I first found this place... think I just started researching car cleaning products and found it! Google = friend.

From day one of making the choice to give my car the TLC it deserves I have never purchased anything other than meguiars unless no meguiars product is offered.

Comment

For years I used nothing. A self-service car wash every now and then. Scrubbed it nice and clean with that abrasive, muck-filled foaming brush. Then I bought a new car in March 2007, nice and shiny. I kept it nice and clean by having it washed weekly. Yep, spinning nylon brushes scraping my car, brightly hued soap, strips of undulating carpet-like material slapping my car clean...what did I know of swirls?
                          In October 2007, it took a week, but I cleaned out my overflowing garage. While throwing out all sorts of decades-old stuff, I found an old can of Turtle Wax and put it back in the garage. Hmmmm, I thought, maybe I'll use it to wax my car when the dealer's protectant wears off some day.
                          Around 2-3 weeks ago, I got industrious and decided to wax my car. Had it washed in the good old scraping slapping car wash. But I didn't know if the 23 year-old Turtle wax I kept was still OK to use. So I got on the Internet and googled "Car Wax". 10,000,000 hits, of course. I read and read and cruised tons of sites and forums. Well, found Meguiar's, found this forum, read post after post, and ran outside in a panic to see if I had swirls. Omigod!! Swirls galore on my new car! What hath I wrought?
                          I went to Walmart to buy Swirl-X, and saw and bought that Meguiar's 7 Car Care kit. Then I went to a Parts store and bought Meguiar's Smooth Clay Kit. I clayed the hood of my car, Swirl-Xed it (not too well), and Nxt waxed. Hooked!! Shiny, smooth like glass, protected, but, look close enough, at the right angle, swirl city.
                          Now I'm waiting for delivery of my G100 kit, #80 speed glaze, pads, etc, bought another box of the Meguiar's car care kit. I spray and wipe Quick Interior Detailer while waiting at red lights. So I guess you could say I've always used Meguiar's, even if I only started on the Path to Enlightenment (or OCD) 2 weeks ago.
                          Heatgain (Gary)
                          The Irate Magistrate
                          Neutral & Detached

Comment

haha you definitely exhibit the common symptoms associated with Obsessive Car Detailing disorder, and no, there is no cure. You have enlightenment reached, and ready for g100 you are. May the Meguiar's be with you. LOL.

Comment

I had two cars before I even had a license. First was a MINI that I bought when I was 15. I used to wash it now and again with washing-up liquid and never dried it. I only used it to learn how to drive and race around a field! Good times!!! I still hold the track record! Bought a black mx-3 when I was 17 and set about getting my license. It took a long time to save for the car and it was cool and sporty so obviously I wanted it to look its best. After my meticulous washing job with Fairy liquid and the sponge out of the bathrom I was surprised the car looked bad so I seeked out some advice from my father. I like to call it 'miss guided love''. I was given a bottle of MrSheen furniture polish spray stuff It was like mixing up a bottle of UQD with All Season Dressing!!!!

I went from there to using the best polish the auto shop sold. Wonder Colour. I didnt like it at all. My biggest problem looking back was I wasnt sure how to use it properly. Left white residue everywhere too and that was really annoying. Got some tcut black polish then, i loved this stuff

Ny car looked great.............maybe not! But I thought it did at the time.
                              I got hooked on car shows and wanted to compete so after getting a full custom colour re-spray I really wanted to keep the car looking its best. The sprayer gave me a bottle of Meguiars Medallion Premium paint protectant. Im not 100% on the name, sorry. I loved it and started to read up on Meguiars. Been using there products ever since and I cant see me ever changing for my cars paint needs. Ive built p quite an arsenal of Megs now that it is more readily available. I will post some pics in the breakroom soon.

With regards to other products ive tried lots and even the ones that are good are not quite as good as the meguiars equivalent. With Meguiars you get so much more though and I think ultimately thats what will always bring me back. Its not just a product sitting on a counter, there are real people who care behind it and readily available to answer any possible question you may have. I do use Autoglym glass polish and think it is a brilliant product. Its so easy and does a great job. I apply it using a megs applicaor pad, leave for ten minutes and wipe off with a microfibre. Thats it, simple as. I would hope that sometime in the future Megs will make a similar product.

Sorry for the rant, got a bit carried away i thinnk !
                              ''Find a job you love and you will add five days to your week!''

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');