• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlight + Brake Kleen Nightmare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headlight + Brake Kleen Nightmare!

heres an idea..... find 2 better condition headlights at a salvage yard and recondition those instead....

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
      Just a final reminder, this is a family site and inappropriate language will not be tolerated. Whether you agree or disagree with the poster, everyone on MOL will show each other respect or this may not be the right kind of forum for you.

Thanks
      Tim

no i get what your saying tim sorry i didnt mean any disrespect of course i was simply stating that he is telling the guy to just deal with what the dealer did to his car rather than stand up for himself and get the problem fixed if everyone had this sate of mind the country would be run by...... well ill let your imagination do the work

thanks
      chris
      MY NEW WORD "SWIRLFREENESS"
      FOR ANY CHRYSLER 300/DODGE MAGNUM/DODGE CHARGER/ DODGE CHALLENGER VISIT WWW.LXFORUMS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by cm2005300 View Post
        no i get what your saying tim sorry i didnt mean any disrespect of course i was simply stating that he is telling the guy to just deal with what the dealer did to his car rather than stand up for himself and get the problem fixed if everyone had this sate of mind the country would be run by...... well ill let your imagination do the work

thanks
        chris
        I know...it is hard to not get passionate about certain things. But one must keep in mind that on a public forum everyone is entitiled to their opinion. And...on MOL we encourage people to have a meaningful discussion as long as bashing of individuals or companies does not become part of it.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I'm still not sure how you know that Brake Kleen is what caused that? I detailed a car a few weeks ago that was two years old, and in those two years it had never been cleaned (washed, vacuumed or ANYTHING). The headlights looked pretty similar to yours. I used #80 on a 3 inch buffing pad to polish them up, then PlastX to finish them. They looked brand new.
          Lydia's Mobile Detailing
          Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
          2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

A fellow Meg online user did an amazing write-up on revamping the headlights of scratches. The technique used was a bit abrassive but the results were amazing. Search the forum for the thread and you will get some insight.

Comment

I believe that thread you're referencing is his.

Comment

USE.800,1000,2000,3000,YELLOW MICROFIBER/WOOL PAD,SOLO COMPOUND,HIGH SPEED AT 2200 RPM AND PLASTIC X TO KEEP THEM CLEAR.THAT SHOULD DO IT.

Comment

follow the steps i gave you before but dont put any clearcoat back because it will turn yellow in a few months.

Comment

I'm not sure the Brake Kleen marred the plastic. These lenses are coated with a clear material that prevents rock chips and minimizes the sand blast from the road. This is probably what got melted. BTW, this is why the first sandpaper pass is usually more difficult, the stuff is much harder than the lens material.

Comment

If you can't rescue them, call Elmhurst Toyota.. i got a good deal from them for my 98 headlights.

Nice car by the way!
                      11 wrx Sti sedan
                      95 Toyota Supra

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');