• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures in signature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures in signature!

Every other forum I post on allows you to have a small image in your signature to help identify yourself further than the tiny avatar does. Most of my forums keep it size restricted to 600 width X 150 heighth pixels, some a little larger, some a little smaller. Not that it's a big deal, but I think it would be great if we were allowed to use pictures in our sigs here. I'm fluent in photoshop and would volunteer myself to help make signatures for people, and it could open up a new section to the forums - a Photoshop section. It would serve as a place for people to make signature requests, or even photo-editing requests. Want to see what a new set of wheels would look like on your car? No problem, post up the pictures and I can do it for you. The posibilities are endless, and I'd be more than glad to help out in whatever way possible. I could even become a moderator of sorts to help moderate the image sizes and inform people who's pictures are too large, and help them get it changed.

Anyone else think this would be a great idea?
    --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Re: Pictures in signature!

IMO i kinda like not having pictures in sigs. It gets very annoying when you are reading through a long post and see the same pictures over and over again while you are reading.
    1988 Toyota Tercel 1.5l I4 - AKA the BEAST
    1994 BMW 325CI
    2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    SR Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by 94BMW325CIS View Post
      IMO i kinda like not having pictures in sigs. It gets very annoying when you are reading through a long post and see the same pictures over and over again while you are reading.
      I agree...the Avatar's make it more "organized" and it looks better. Most people remember avatars pretty easily and then add your name and its pretty easy to remember.

Ryan
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Yea, Pics in the sig looks aweful!
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I would not like this idea either.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by 94BMW325CIS View Post

SYDSTER

Comment

No pictures make the forum messy big and busy. Hate them. I like them the way they are now. Upload pics to your profile and avatar...
              Matt

Comment

I wish I had more thumbs, so I could give photos in sigs more thumbs down. Let's keep it classy...and honestly, most of us are not Photoshop pros and I'd rather not see poorly mocked up photos on every page.
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

There's an older thread o this same topic where the challenge was put out for someone to make the case for pictures in signatures and no one ever made the case.

Pictures in signatures junk up the thread and cause confusion because the pictures have nothing to do with the topic of the thread especially when the thread includes pictures that are related to the topic.

We do allow a generous size for your Avatar which 160 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall is allowed,so instead be created with your Avatar or ask one of our Avatar Czar's to help you out.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

No pictures in the signature!

It looks really bad, and this site is supposed to be about looking really good.

-Nick Becker
                    Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Again, no pics in signatures... an avatar is clean and neat easy to follow you don't have to sort over all the junk to find the meaningful post.
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');