• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window fogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window fogging

Rubbing windows from inside the car with a microfiber towel keeps fogging away.i guess it has nothing to stick to.

Re: Window fogging

I use a solution of baby shampoo[a couple of drops mixed with 1 Liter of filtered water] to clean the interior windows of my car and it works well to prevent fogging.
    The guys I used to play paintball with used dishwashing soap on the inside of their masks to keep fog away but I'm a little paranoid about the harshness of dishwashing soap so I decided that baby shampoo would be a better alternative.

Comment

Like when it gets cold? Sounds like you are talking about the film that builds up on the window?

Comment

I use RainX Anti-Fog and it's works ok for a week or so, it only works properly when you wipe on and let haze the wipe with a wet cloth then (not trying to totally remove it) wipe dry.
        PlastX (G12310), ColorX 1.0 (G11816), ScratchX 1.0 (10307), NXT Tech Wax 2.0 (G12718), Ultimate Quik Detailer (G14422), Supreme Shine Protectant (G4016), Smooth Surface Clay Kit (G1016), Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes (G10900), Quik Interior Detailer Wipes (G13600)

Comment

I just bought this Turtlewax window mop couple of days ago at Big Lots

It's about the diameter of a baseball, 100% sheepskin. The tag claims that the oils in the sheepskin naturally clean glass. I haven't had a chance to try it, but for $1, it was a low risk buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddystone View Post
            I use RainX Anti-Fog and it's works ok for a week or so, it only works properly when you wipe on and let haze the wipe with a wet cloth then (not trying to totally remove it) wipe dry.
            I used this when I was living in Boston. It works but, just having clean windows and correctly venting the car as you drive is needed also.

Comment

The cause of windows fogging up is having the air inside the car recirculating. There is a button on the dash of all cars that has a picture of the Car with an arrow in a circular motion/direction. Turn it off when the windows fog up. This will have the car bring in air from the outside. If you can't figure this out, just crack your window

Others referred to "film." This is different, it's caused from chemicals released from the interior Plastics and upholstery. You can't really do much about this but leave the window cracked.
              Matt

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');