• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

I have a 42" LCD hi def 1080p tv and the graphics from the PS3 are unbelievable...we play NHL 2008 which is a blast...I've also heard the 300 is the movie to get for blu ray...we have 5 on order since they came with the PS3 as the holiday promotion...the selection wasn't very big but 5 free movies are 5 free movies...and definitely get a surround system... I wouldn't watch tv without one...
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Your killing me here. lol Hmm, wonder if anywhere has that no payment, no interest for a year deal going on.

I will be mailing my form in to the 5 free movies tomorrow. Post back if you get them. I don't have much faith in rebates.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        Your killing me here. lol Hmm, wonder if anywhere has that no payment, no interest for a year deal going on.

I will be mailing my form in to the 5 free movies tomorrow. Post back if you get them. I don't have much faith in rebates.
        you got it...I'll let you know when I get them!
        Bill Poirier
        West Seneca, NY 14224

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD View Post
          I have a 42" LCD hi def 1080p tv and the graphics from the PS3 are unbelievable...we play NHL 2008 which is a blast...I've also heard the 300 is the movie to get for blu ray...we have 5 on order since they came with the PS3 as the holiday promotion...the selection wasn't very big but 5 free movies are 5 free movies...and definitely get a surround system... I wouldn't watch tv without one...
          Not sure if your into the Discovery Channel or not but "Planet Earth" on Blu-Ray is AMAZING!
          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Check this forum out for all you High Def needs....

DVD Talk publishes no-nonsense movie news and information about home media, including - reviews, columns, interviews, and discussion areas.
            Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
              Not sure if your into the Discovery Channel or not but "Planet Earth" on Blu-Ray is AMAZING!
              Loved that show when it was on...didn't have HIDEF signal at that point so watched it in normal def...haven't scraped together what I need to pull the trigger on that purchase but someday...thanks Rasky!
              Bill Poirier
              West Seneca, NY 14224

Comment

PS3 is awesome...I'm at my uncles house in Arizona right now and he has it. The $32,000 70" Sony HD TV and full built in Bose surrond sound in his house help the experience a lot but it's still a great console. At home I have PS2, but I'm looking at getting the PS3...

Good choice, Scott!!

Ryan
                Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Not sure on this one. Heard good and bad on both. My brother in law and my brother both like XBox 360 over the PS3.

I still have Nintendo and have an old Atari in storage someplace my mom found our old pong game.

Pong anyone?????

Joust??? LOL.

I play games on the computer, played DF2 online with some buddies, haven't played in a long time. I have DF Black Hawk down, Call of Duty, had Ghost Recon, uninstalled it though and Marine Sharpshooter, not the greatest graphics, but hard to play, for me anyway.

Aaron
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

XBOX 360 Elite FTW! I'm new to the detailing world but when it comes to gaming I know a few things. There are pro's and con's to both machines but the 360's hardware is superior in every aspect except for the optical drive (1xBlue Ray vs. 12xDVD9). If Blue ray doesn't win the HD war with HD DVD this could be a problem down the road. Read: VHS vs. Beta Max.

With third party games (cross platform) they look better on the 360.

Forget spec comparisons. Let's advance the Xbox 360 versus PlayStation 3 graphics debate to screenshots now that the games are here.

Game developers also favor the 360.

Update: Pre orders for the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X are now live, Head over to our Where To Buy page to purchase yourself one from a variety of

Combine all this with the greater game line up for the 360 and the on-line gaming (this is no contest BTW) and the answer is simple.

Also as already mentioned first game purchases should be Call of Duty 4 (the best and most realistic combat game I've ever played), Gears of War (visually stunning), Rainbow Six: Vegas and Halo 3.
                    Last edited by Gemini13; Jan 6, 2008, 06:29 AM.

Comment

for what it's worth:

Comment

Try this.

Comment

I am a fan of grand turismo- sony ps3
                          Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonBlack View Post
                            I am a fan of grand turismo- sony ps3
                            I was as well until I played Forza Motorsport.

Comment

It's tied 22 - 22. How can that be! Blu-ray is way ahead of HD-DVD in the format war. Plus PS3 is the only future proof Blu-ray player currently out.

It's neat to see it divided so close.
                              Scott

Comment

It's tied 22 - 22. How can that be! Blu-ray is way ahead of HD-DVD in the format war. Plus PS3 is the only future proof Blu-ray player currently out.

It's neat to see it divided so close.
                                If you want a Blu-ray player get the PS3. If you want a better gaming experience (all things considered) with the best on-line experience going get a 360. I've played both and the 360 takes it in the gaming aspect.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');