• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
    Did you get the prologue?
    No.......not yet.

I did download the HD GT demo and a few dozen other demo's. I've been playing all of the demo's and haven't bought a game yet

Comment

Wow! Tight results in the poll! If I had to choose... I would go PS3. But honestly, I think the Wii is one of the most entertaining!
      Dans Tech Reviews | Wii Shopper

Comment

Xbox 360 is the way to go way better games if thats what you want it for.

Comment

BlueZero,

Are you loving that PS3? I'm now thinking of getting one (have a PS2) and I'm not much of a gamer, but I want it for the Blu-Ray disc (CNET says it is pretty much the best blu-ray player out).

I have a pretty good setup in "movie room" with a 72" rear project Samsung DLP (1080p) but in all honesty I MUCH prefer my 46" Sony XBR4 LCD. I've got an older Onkyo receiver which is decent by not cutting edge and some decent polk speakers. I almsot never play my PS2, but wonder if getting the PS3 is worth it just for the Blu-ray?
          ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Yes, I am loving it!

I had a Sony 27" CRT but now I bought a Samsung 42" plasma and love it. It really takes advantage of the PS3. I'm not really much of a gamer but I get into it every now and again. I've watched a few Blu-Ray's and it looks amazing.

One more thing to consider is even if you never use it for gaming it can do so much more. It's one of the best upconvert players out right now too. To be honest I can't tell much of a difference between regular DVD's and Blu-Ray when I play them on the PS3. When I play a DVD on my regular DVD player it doesn't look as good. I've been wanting to get the same move on Blu-Ray and regular DVD so I can compare apples to apples. You can use it as a media server too, I haven't really tried to figure that all out yet. My buddy came over awhile back and was showing me photos in his digital camera. I was like wait this thing has a card reader build in, give me that card. We put it in and flipped through the photos on my TV. It's pretty cool, you can rotate and zoom with the PS3 controller.

Mine did break and I had to send it in. It wasn't as bad as I thought. They send you a special box that it fits right in, not long later you have it back.

Closing thought... Just get one, you'll love it!
            Scott

Comment

Great info Scott... I think you just convinced me.
              ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

360 all the way graphics are a little lower than the ps3 which is true but online play is better more game choices. and net filx is going to be joining with microsoft soon so if you have netflix and xbox live you can go on netflix on your xbox and watch any movie whenever you want that update is going to be released late fall.

[Edit: Non family friendly language removed. Please read our forum rules before posting again. -Mike Phillips]

Comment

Here are our forum rules, please note #6

Meguiar's Online Member Rules

1. No personal attacks toward members or non-members will be tolerated.

2. No arguing with Moderators or Administrators.

3. You are welcome to disagree but you must be polite.

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.

5. Forum Nicknames and Avatars must be family friendly, they cannot even hint towards anything raunchy, sleazy, sexual or inappropriate. When in doubt we will err on the side of caution and ask you to choose a different nickname. E-mail addresses cannot be used as a forum nickname.

6. Keep language "G Rated", this includes insinuations. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandparents, your parents or your children, then you shouldn't probably be posting to the Meguiar's Online forum.

7. Only appropriate pictures suitable for all audiences will be allowed, this includes avatars. If the photo is questionable at all it will be deleted at our discretion without warning.

8. Clickable Links are allowed after new members have over 30 substantial posts . Self-promoting clickable links are not allowed and will not be tolerated in messages. Self-promoting links are allowed in signature Lines once a member reaches Level 2 Privileges.

9. Only one account per member! The only conceivable reason for multiple accounts, would be for fraudulent activity. You will be banned for this action immediately.

10. Continuously breaking the rules to disrupt the online community will result in you being banned from the forum with little or no warning.

11. No Commercial sales or samples from competing companies. One post trying to hawk your wares and you will have banned yourself permanently.

12. All messages posted to MeguiarsOnline become the property of Meguiar's Inc. and may not be deleted without first obtaining permission. Deleting messages without permission will result in immediate banning from the forum.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Ps3 with Call of Duty 4 you will be happy

Comment

Battlefield Bad Company was pretty fun. My buddy and I rented that a few weeks ago. It's cool how you can destroy 90% of the elements in the game. Plus there is humor in the story line.
                      Scott

Comment

PS3!!! I love the PS3, I still might get an xbox.I play xbox games on my computer and WII at my friends house when we party!

Comment

I have xbox360 bc i wanted to play halo3.... that was the only reason I choose xbox360 over ps3

I will wait for GT5 to come out to get ps3 which by then hopefully it'd drop another $100 or so in price since we talking a year or 2 away.....

xbox is lagging on me on the graphics heavy games though like rainbow six vegas 2 and bad company.... scary bc of all the issues with overheating but I put a laptop cooler under it so it always stays cold to the touch.... microsoft pushed the xbox out too fast without refining it and here we see the consequence.... I dont think xbox can play a lot of the future games because it just isnt as powerful or reliable as a ps3(i hope my xbox doesnt get mad at me for saying that hahaha).... but for now its still working....

Comment

I own a PS3......................i LOVE WATCHING BLUE RAYS
                            Nick
                            Tucker's Detailing Services
                            815-954-0773
                            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

PS3!! all the way/metal gear solid and final fantasy is coming..man even if its coming for 360 as well, but it will be smashing!!!
                              '06 Honda Civic LX Coupe "Galaxy Gray"

Comment

Saw that this thread came back from the dead...

I still have and love my PS3! I also have a WII now too. That thing is a blast also! I've been wanting to pick up Mario Cart.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');