129. You may not vote on this poll
  • XBOX360

60 46.51%
  • PS3

69 53.49%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

Re: XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

I didn't vote in the poll because it's a toss up for me.

Right now, the 360(what I own) has the larger game selection, and arguably has had better exclusives in the past, and will have a few killer exclusives for 2008, but as more and more producers produce for both formats, I feel the 360 is going to lose its edge here. Also, HD lost the format war so this makes the add-on HD drive obsolete; the 360 will not be getting an add-on Blu-Ray drive according to the latest press statements.

The PS3 without a doubt has more powerful hardware. Their exclusive lineup for Q3 and Q4 08 look to be killer, and with more producers producing for both formats, they will eventually even up on killer game offerings with the 360. Also, with sony having so many in house gaming studios, we can expect great exclusives beginning Q2/Q3 of 09. Sony's Blu-Ray has won the format war, and from what I'm hearing the PS3 is amongst the best blu-ray players out; the PS3 is worth the price as a dedicated blu-ray player alone.

Here is the clencher for many though: xbox live costs money, there is a subscription fee, sony online is free, BUT xBox live KILLS sony online, it absolutely destroys it. Plus there is a HUGE gaming community that are addicted to game achievements, which the PS3 lacks completely. On the flip side of that, Microsoft has had what, 7 or 8 years to build the xbox live infrastructure, while sony online is still in it's infancy, we can only hope it gets better. I've also heard on the grapevine that sony online will be adding their own version of gaming achievements, no official word yet as far as I know.
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Registered Member

i just got word of this... where did everyone hear about the end of the blu-ray/HD war being over??? does this mean we will no longer see HD movies out in the market anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by JDMb18c View Post
    i just got word of this... where did everyone hear about the end of the blu-ray/HD war being over??? does this mean we will no longer see HD movies out in the market anymore?
    Correct. HD-DVD movies will no longer being made. Hopefully some of the movies out on HD-DVD will be put on Blu-ray now.

I've also been reading that Blu-ray sales have been slipping since 'most' people can't tell the difference between a Blu-ray and a normal DVD with an upconvert player. I don't have a HDTV so I can't say one way or the other.
    Scott

Web Forum Junkie hacker-pschorr's Avatar

PS3 - the only game I care about is Gran Turismo

The Blu-Ray player & NIN releasing "Beside You in Time" in Blu-Ray put me over the edge:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Inch-Nail.../dp/B000MM1GJK

Quote Originally Posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
    PS3 - the only game I care about is Gran Turismo

The Blu-Ray player & NIN releasing "Beside You in Time" in Blu-Ray put me over the edge:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Inch-Nail.../dp/B000MM1GJK
    Did you get the prologue?
    Scott

Web Forum Junkie hacker-pschorr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZero View Post
    Did you get the prologue?
    No.......not yet.

I did download the HD GT demo and a few dozen other demo's. I've been playing all of the demo's and haven't bought a game yet

Realist

Wow! Tight results in the poll! If I had to choose... I would go PS3. But honestly, I think the Wii is one of the most entertaining!

Registered Member

Xbox 360 is the way to go way better games if thats what you want it for.

BlueZero,

Are you loving that PS3? I'm now thinking of getting one (have a PS2) and I'm not much of a gamer, but I want it for the Blu-Ray disc (CNET says it is pretty much the best blu-ray player out).

I have a pretty good setup in "movie room" with a 72" rear project Samsung DLP (1080p) but in all honesty I MUCH prefer my 46" Sony XBR4 LCD. I've got an older Onkyo receiver which is decent by not cutting edge and some decent polk speakers. I almsot never play my PS2, but wonder if getting the PS3 is worth it just for the Blu-ray?
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Yes, I am loving it!

I had a Sony 27" CRT but now I bought a Samsung 42" plasma and love it. It really takes advantage of the PS3. I'm not really much of a gamer but I get into it every now and again. I've watched a few Blu-Ray's and it looks amazing.

One more thing to consider is even if you never use it for gaming it can do so much more. It's one of the best upconvert players out right now too. To be honest I can't tell much of a difference between regular DVD's and Blu-Ray when I play them on the PS3. When I play a DVD on my regular DVD player it doesn't look as good. I've been wanting to get the same move on Blu-Ray and regular DVD so I can compare apples to apples. You can use it as a media server too, I haven't really tried to figure that all out yet. My buddy came over awhile back and was showing me photos in his digital camera. I was like wait this thing has a card reader build in, give me that card. We put it in and flipped through the photos on my TV. It's pretty cool, you can rotate and zoom with the PS3 controller.

Mine did break and I had to send it in. It wasn't as bad as I thought. They send you a special box that it fits right in, not long later you have it back.

Closing thought... Just get one, you'll love it!
    Scott

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information