• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Detailing Class August 21st, - Piscataway, New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll still bring my fenders in case there's time during or after the class to practice.( no problem if we can't, dont have time,etc to get to them) I only have one pair of saw horses and large C clamps with blocks so we can only work on one fender at a time.
    my product collection-- New !
    My Detailing Credo
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

• Mike please remove my name from the list and bump somone up from the waiting list. I won't be able to make it , thanks hope everyone has a good time.
      "Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
      -Mark Twain.

Comment

• woohoo ...tomorrow !
        Life is a Ball Breaker

Comment

• I'm excited....who else is?
          VW Golf 1.8T

Comment

• I'm very sorry for the late notice, but I just found out that I will be needed at work tomorrow and will not be able to attend.

I hope that this doesn’t cause any problems for anyone.

Comment

• Look like it's going to be rotten weather Hope the class does not get cut short
              My Detailing Credo

Comment

• looks like the folks who had to bail haven't been removed from the list and the runners up not added. I tried calling Mike but I bet he's on his way home from work.

Bring your storm gear tomorrow
                My Detailing Credo

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill D
                  Bring your storm gear tomorrow
                  VW Golf 1.8T

Comment

• Hi all,

I talked to Rod and he said that if the class went over 20 but stayed under 30 he would be okay with that. I have added a few new names to the list, and left the names of the people that have had to cancel just in case,

Maybe something will come up! (to borrow a line from Greg Brady in one of the Brady Bunch episodes).

So the class is going forward as scheduled and Rod is ready to go! Don't worry about the bad weather, they have an open bay, plus an 10x20 EZ-up that will be butted up against the open bay. You're going to learn a lot, you're going to have fun and best of all, you're going to make new friends.

Everyone with a camera, if you can, try to snap a couple of photos and post them here,

Meguiar's Detailing Class in Piscataway, New Jersey

Have fun!, I'll be teaching a class for the Miata club tomorrow, but looking forward to the pictures and comments from this event!

MIke
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

• Wow!

At least 20 people! Hope those who still think they can't come check in with the new list in time.

I filled the trunk of the car Im bringing with a platfrom step ladder if necessary and later on , if its ok, after class to use, my fenders. ( Ill just kep them in there otherwise) Rotary's in the back seat Car is covered sitting in my driveway waiting to go

I'm going to go to bed early so I'm plenty refreshed for the AM
                      Last edited by Bill D; Aug 20, 2004, 06:29 PM.
                      My Detailing Credo

Comment

• Is everyone still meeting up at the diner?I could of sworn I saw a post about it but I could be wrong? and if you guys are which diner and what time and by the way the class starts at 9 right ?

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboDave18T
                          I'm excited....who else is?
                          I was...

Now I am PISSED, who else is ?
                          The fecking weather. Of all days, this nationwide downpour has to happen on weekends ! and on the detailing day, damn !

Sorry I have to give up.

I wonder if the class actually took place ???

Life is a Ball Breaker

Comment

• Yes it did and it was great and really informative .The class really cleared up alot of questions and doubts I had about certain things and sorry you couldnt make it !!!

Comment

• Lots of fun had by alll

Words can not express the graduated I have for Meguiar's, Rod, Mark and His wife for sponsoring such an event, From the bottom of my heart Thank You.

I ended up walking away with some NEW toys
                              G-100 Porter Cable
                              9227c Makita Rotary
                              3 W9006's
                              2 W8006's
                              1 W7006
                              Both Red & Blue clay bars
                              1qt Diamond cut compound 2.0
                              1gal #40
                              2000 &3000 grit wet sand paper w/ sanding pad

Now if I can talk my kid in helping me tow his car out of the woods that has been there for 3 years.
                              Time to do some hands on learning/practice, practice, practice, practice.

Had lots of fun learned how to and How NOT to...Wet sand, Orbital and Rotary. Plus lots more.

For those who missed out on this eventful day Do Not Fret there's talk already about doing another Detail Day in the early spring at Pal's.
                              Rich
                              If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                              DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

• the seminar was outdoor, no ?
                                so you guys were outdoor under the tent the entire time ?
                                Last edited by robert_tsxgeek; Aug 21, 2004, 08:43 PM.
                                Life is a Ball Breaker

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');