• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting your account approved

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting your account approved

Getting your account approved

Just a quick note on new accounts.

We often get e-mails and PM's from people letting us know they've registered but still can't post to the forum and they want to know why?

Here's why...

Each day we have anywhere from 10 to 50 people join our forum, we used to process them on the fly, that is as people register, if we see it in the Admin Panel we approve the accounts.

Now days we have so many Spammers trying to join the forum that we don't approve accounts till the morning when we are for 100% for sure going to be sitting behind the computer to ban spammers and remove their offending posts as they happen.

This means innocent people suffer.

We're sorry about this but we can't sit behind the computer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So our system is to approve new accounts in the mornings when we're going to be sitting behind the computer to do our job and to also be on the lookout for Spammers.

This means if it's a Holiday, or a weekend, we might not approve accounts till the next available working day. For example as we type this it's January 2nd, the day after two official Meguiar's holidays and as such we were not going to be behind the computer all day working as we were spending time off our job with our family and friends, thus no new accounts were approved.

Again we're sorry there's enough bad people in the world to ruin it for everyone but that's historically how the world has worked since the beginning of human history.

Thanks for understanding.

Re: Getting your account approved

***Bump***

Just a note to everyone sending me e-mails and PM's, we are going to approve pending new accounts so you'll be able to post to the forum.

Sorry for the delay but we don't approve new accounts unless we're going to be sitting behind the computer to watch for and ban Spammers should they get through our filtering process.

Thanks,
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

***Bump***

Just a note to everyone sending me e-mails and PM's, we approve pending new accounts this morning so you'll be able to post to the forum.

Sorry for the delay but we don't approve new accounts unless we're going to be sitting behind the computer to watch for and ban Spammers should they get through our filtering process.

Thanks,
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

***Bump***
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Ron, Just completed my Healey June 14 Saturday class sign me up

Comment

I am also facing the problem as you face because i have make new account and it gives activation link to my e mail address but when i visit this link in my e mail account then i can not able to make post my forum so what i have to do?tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by addison View Post
              I am also facing the problem as you face because i have make new account and it gives activation link to my e mail address but when i visit this link in my e mail account then i can not able to make post my forum so what i have to do?tell me?
              Well, must be working now...
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by addison View Post

i have make new account i can not able to make post my forum so what i have to do? tell me?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');