• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

doing the interior is like cleaning your room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doing the interior is like cleaning your room

whenever I detail a car, I always hate to do the interior.
    doing the exterior is like walking on the moon
    doing the interior is like cleaning your room.

anyone agree, and is there any way to get away from this task
    (or at least make it fun)

anyone have any drastic time saver tips?

thanks, nick

love it (5)
    18.93%
    its not to bad (4)
    41.15%
    Neutral (3)
    23.46%
    It is pretty bad (2)
    13.99%
    hate it/refuse to do it (1)
    2.47%
    Luck is probability taken personally!

Re: doing the interior is like cleaning your room

I don't mind it... I kinda like because its such a relief when everything is picked up and nice and clean. I like doing the outside better, but its not so bad. I always try to keep my truck nice and orderly.
    Hoever, i do hate those hard to reach places...

Comment

Do it often and it takes like 10 minutes a month.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well it is not a bother to me at all. Ido not want toget in and sit in a mess. To me it takes away from the overall effect of having a "show car shine". It does not matter if the exterior is flawless if someone cringes at the inside. Not a good combo imho.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I don't really like doing it. Keep up on it and it shouldn't take too long. Now if I could quit putting receipts in the center counsel. Right now it's stuffed full.

Spring cleaning always takes the longest for me. Getting all the winter salt and grim cleaned up.
          Scott

Comment

I didn't like to do it, but then I got a hot water extractor and now I enjoy watching the color change
            AeroCleanse, LLC
            Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
              I don't really like doing it. Keep up on it and it shouldn't take too long. Now if I could quit putting receipts in the center counsel. Right now it's stuffed full.

Spring cleaning always takes the longest for me. Getting all the winter salt and grim cleaned up.
              LMAO! I do that too!
              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I used to hate doing the interior untill I got the right products. I now have PlastX, Interior specific dressing, Quick interior detailer (Love this stuff), 5 hp craftsman vac, all purpose cleaner. With this I can clean the interior in about 1/2 hour once a month on my DD and it stays looking very nice!

Comment

Even back when I was healthy, it was never my favorite part of auto care. Now days the contortionist positions required limit me somewhat. I try to keep my own up as much as possible, so that all it takes is a quick wipe down. (plus I have no children to deal with)

My friends for whom I occasionally do their exterior, I always remind them "I don't do interiors!"

Now my soccer mom friend with the rolling landfill Caravan...I just run and hide!

Comment

I like doing them, the only pet peeve are the vents in the dash. Other than that, Meguiars makes a slough of products to keep them clean.

If you don't have some kind of extractor, it's well worth it.

Aaron
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by 23jam View Post
                      Well it is not a bother to me at all. Ido not want toget in and sit in a mess. To me it takes away from the overall effect of having a "show car shine". It does not matter if the exterior is flawless if someone cringes at the inside. Not a good combo imho.
                      on, people!

Comment

I don't mind doing them, I like because not only the car looks great but when people get in they really do notice the car is very very clean. In fact that's a key point for females, I don't know why usually it's more important the interior than the exterior.

I've detailed my car at the best and when a female gets in, they say WOW! jajaj

Comment

I agree that it is far best to keep up with the car as a whole! I detail a handful of cars a month, mostly from people that are selling their car right after the detail. that is to say, the car has been machine washed it's whole life(better than nothing), or the neighborhood kid used dawn and a brillo pad. it also means the interior has been abused to the same extent. I suppose that is a bias on my part, my own ride is easy to detail!
                          Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

i love taking the time to do an interior i feel that if the interior is clean for someone you are detailing for then they will be happy and if the exterior shines like the inside they will be blown away interior is part of the car and i love when i jump in a nie clean interior clean mats clean seats clean interior windows and all i love it
                            MY NEW WORD "SWIRLFREENESS"
                            FOR ANY CHRYSLER 300/DODGE MAGNUM/DODGE CHARGER/ DODGE CHALLENGER VISIT WWW.LXFORUMS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by cm2005300 View Post
                              i love taking the time to do an interior i feel that if the interior is clean for someone you are detailing for then they will be happy and if the exterior shines like the inside they will be blown away interior is part of the car and i love when i jump in a nie clean interior clean mats clean seats clean interior windows and all i love it
                              WrightDetail
                              The Wright Way
                              2007 Chevy HHR
                              2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');