• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

doing the interior is like cleaning your room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: doing the interior is like cleaning your room

It's not too bad. I certainly don't love doing it but when it is finished, I love it.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

I can't say that I love detailing the interior, but I it has been somewhat more enjoyable since I got an extractor. I get more satisfaction from working on the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by BINGO53 View Post
        Now my soccer mom friend with the rolling landfill Caravan...I just run and hide!
        You are not kidding!

Two of my friends have a bunch of kids and I am amazed at how much **** they have in their vans. I only made the mistake of trying to do one of their interiors and I'll never offer again. It took two full days to finish it to my satisfaction. The first day was just spent removing all the junk, and cleaning the carpet. Until I was done I didn't even know what color the carpet was supposed to be! And I must say it was a waste of time. In a month her kids had it back to the same garbage level as before.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmodman View Post
          You are not kidding!

Two of my friends have a bunch of kids and I am amazed at how much **** they have in their vans. I only made the mistake of trying to do one of their interiors and I'll never offer again. It took two full days to finish it to my satisfaction. The first day was just spent removing all the junk, and cleaning the carpet. Until I was done I didn't even know what color the carpet was supposed to be! And I must say it was a waste of time. In a month her kids had it back to the same garbage level as before.

I must admit I have had a van since 2000 and my kids are really good about NOT using it as a garbage can. Even my 17 year old son who takes it really tries to keep it clean inside (or he'd have to deal with his mom). They know how hard I work to keep it clean and they do their part to help. What amazes me constantly is how other people let their interiors get so out of control. Do they not see what's in there ?!?!...can't imagine what their houses look like..But I agree, Meg's has great products for the interior and I have a nice assortment of brushes that I use to do vents etc...I don't mind interiors but much prefer exteriors.
          Bill Poirier
          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

I like doing it all.

Comment

I used to dislike interiors quite a bit, but I don't mind them so bad now. In fact, the other day I worked on a car that had not been cleaned, inside or outside, in the two years the owner had it. The interior had dog slobber on the back windows and window sills, fur on the back seat, ground in dirt on the front mats, spilled who-knows-what in the cup holders and console, and dust and grime all over the dash and windshield. And would you know, I actually enjoyed doing it. I guess because it was somewhat of a challenge. And, would ya know, it came out looking almost brand new. On the floor mats, I used Quik Out and the DA brush attachment (worked awesome!), dash and sills got #40, windows got D-Line glass cleaner, jambs got LT, center console and cup holders got #40, and the carpet got the shop vac with the whirly-brush-whatchamacallit-attachment-that-came-with-my-house-vac (works great, btw). I guess part of the thing I like about some interiors is the challenge. That's not to say I dislike doing relatively clean interiors, though. Those are definately nice to do too.
              Lydia's Mobile Detailing
              Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
              2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by oldmodman View Post
                You are not kidding!

If you get paid for it what does it matter? If you didn't get paid for it.
                AeroCleanse, LLC
                Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                  If you get paid for it what does it matter? If you didn't get paid for it.
                  No pay!

It's a freebee!

I've know her since she was 9, now she's 40 with three kids.

I'm not called "OLD"modman for nothing

Comment

I don't mind it, but I'm usually trying to beat darkness just to get the exteriors done. Last night I was working by moonlight and my driveway pole light. Today, rain, no doubt.

The Civic Si has an all black interior and the seats are cloth. You have to keep the shop vac and lint roller handy. I also like the Interior Quik Detailer, to freshen the scent. The Meg's Glass Cleaner is the only one I've used that keeps the windows clean and streak free.

Make sure on your fast food /pizza runs to leave a window or sunroof cracked open to evacuate the food odors. Obviously, if you park outside you limited in doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                      Now if I could quit putting receipts in the center counsel. Right now it's stuffed full.
                      I do the exact same thing! Everyone I get I stuff in that thing.

I really enjoy cleaning my interior. I smile everytime I get in it to drive so it makes a bad day a good day.
                      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I agree with most people above...if you keep at it, it's fairly easy. The only thing I don't like is after we go offroading, the little tiny sand is everywhere and black carpet shows every little grain. Gets kinda annoying sometimes...

Ryan
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I prefer doing it every time I do the exteriors...but more often than not, only for my own cars. for others... only the exterior.
                          But that's just me. Hope that helped though...

Comment

i do a quick clean once a week.Vacuum,washing floor mats,windows from inside,dash etc... each four or five weeks.

Comment

I don't mind detailing the interior but the Honda Fit has this dimpled texture dash and even on the doors. You can't use certain products because they get down inbetween the dimples (carbon fiber look) and then it looks really dull. I just use a damp cloth and wipe it down. Still haven't found anything that works great on the surface.

Cat :x

Comment

Originally posted by HagFan View Post
                                I don't mind it, but I'm usually trying to beat darkness just to get the exteriors done. Last night I was working by moonlight and my driveway pole light. Today, rain, no doubt.

The Civic Si has an all black interior and the seats are cloth. You have to keep the shop vac and lint roller handy. I also like the Interior Quik Detailer, to freshen the scent. The Meg's Glass Cleaner is the only one I've used that keeps the windows clean and streak free.

Make sure on your fast food /pizza runs to leave a window or sunroof cracked open to evacuate the food odors. Obviously, if you park outside you limited in doing this.
                                That is the great thing about the Honda black interior and cloth seats. You learn very quickly to keep the lint roller handy in the car! My friends laughed at me the first time they saw the lint roller in the pocket of the front passinger seat but it works great to keep the seats looking clean.

Cat :x

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');