• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

doing the interior is like cleaning your room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: doing the interior is like cleaning your room

I kinda like doing the interior.... As long as it is a nice warm but not too hot day. with the sun shining and some good music on.

Comment

Hi all

Interiors are very important, rememeber when you close the door all you look other than the bonnet is the inside of you ride, so yes i enjoy getting the inside clean, also you get a few compliments, like a car dealer when in for servicing, your car look brand new ( 6 years old ). Also last car 21 years old the insdie still look only about 2-3 years old.....
      the answer pride, no kids( fingers, feet ), no fast food (smell), and ask people clean your feet before you get in.... Yes I annoy people, but the inside of all my cars have been clean....
      and yes when i had my bedford van ( similar size to chevy ) it was like cleaning a room, including make the bed. and i will not start on under bonnet cleaning or, cleaning diffs, suspenion, brakes etc for show and stuff.

Cheers

Don

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonBlack View Post
        whenever I detail a car, I always hate to do the interior.
        doing the exterior is like walking on the moon
        doing the interior is like cleaning your room.

anyone agree, and is there any way to get away from this task
        (or at least make it fun)

anyone have any drastic time saver tips?

thanks, nick

I agree with you Nick...I hate doing the inside too.

One little helper trick though is to buy yourself a caddie to keep your bottles organized with.

It is a big time saver for me.

r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by don777 View Post
          Hi all

...no fast food (smell)

Don
          Gee...I don't know about that Don.

I like to smell a good 'ole mustard, chili & onion hamburger or hotdog aroma for a day or two.
          r. b.

Comment

I love doing mine!!!!!!! you can't mess it up like the PAINT LOL and then it makes it harder to clean sense the interior of my truck is all black!!! good luck trying to get ever little dust spot, you go one one side get it done come back to the other side it looks like some cheep old man was going to clean it for a 1$ LOL
            Get In Sit Down ShutUp

Comment

I like doing the interior.

Comment

I like doing the interior because it's what the driver (me) sees the most. Plus I usually do the interior before the exterior and it's nice to be able to sit down while I'm doing it, doesn't wear me out as much as doing the outside because I'm not moving as much. And yeah I realize that makes me sound lazy, but I'd say the interior and exterior is pretty equal to me. I like the outside to look good for other people to see, and the inside to look good for me.
                --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

I don't mind working on my interior although I should probably do it a little more often. I'm just not too crazy about working on the interior of other cars I work on. I still work on them but much prefer working on the exterior.
                  Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                  www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                  Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

I voted neutral.

Pro: It is a fast process on a car that is regularly kept clean

Mega -Pro: It is the living space of your vehicle and when it is clean it really improves the driving environment

Con: Confined space makes it less enjoyable to work in.

Mega-Con: Exteriors get neglected, interiors get ABUSED!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonBlack View Post
                      interior is there any way to get away from this task
                      Yes, don't open a detail shop LMAO....
                      Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
                      ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
                      (269)650-2242

Comment

I use the quick and easy method with the work truck (contractor). Every Friday I open both doors and hit it with the leaf blower or compressor.
                        Then a quick wipe down with some dressing and she's good to go for another week.

Sometimes I'll vacuum the seat if the sawdust is too thick.

What can I say, Northwest job sites are not conducive to a clean truck, especially in the winter.

Brock
                        Last edited by RogueGypsy; Mar 31, 2008, 11:15 AM. Reason: can't spell
                        Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I look at the interior from my customers point of view. Alot of people only see the interior and that gives me incentive to do the best job I can.
                          I've got it down to about and hour to do a dirty car and I alway love the reaction of my the owner.

Comment

depends how bad the interior is, for the most part I don't mind it.
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I know some do not share my outlook that I am about to share but I think the interior is the greatest challenge within the detailing process. Year after year...paint remains very close to the previous model year but interiors and the materials they use change yearly!

While I take great pride in my paint efforts...interiors offer the real challenge! Thanks God for steamers!
                              Renny Doyle
                              Attention To Details
                              "Detailers of Air Force One"
                              www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Renny you like my little friend..........

Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');