• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

doing the interior is like cleaning your room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: doing the interior is like cleaning your room

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
    I don't mind doing them, I like because not only the car looks great but when people get in they really do notice the car is very very clean. In fact that's a key point for females, I don't know why usually it's more important the interior than the exterior.

I've detailed my car at the best and when a female gets in, they say WOW! jajaj
    +1, I keep the interior clean, but I make sure to wipe down the surfaces (I keep the windows down, therefore tons of dust), and vaccuum before picking up the ladies...
    2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

You guys' are too funny
      Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Renny Doyle View Post
        I know some do not share my outlook that I am about to share but I think the interior is the greatest challenge within the detailing process. Year after year...paint remains very close to the previous model year but interiors and the materials they use change yearly!

While I take great pride in my paint efforts...interiors offer the real challenge! Thanks God for steamers!
        I agree. Interiors are tough. IMHO they often set the tone for the detail. If the interior is not great the customer is not happy.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I would rather buff any day but now that i have a tornador and meguiar's apc it's fun again. It's one of the best interior cleaning tools i have ever used for dash door panels and consoles.what a great time saver. I have photo of one in my photos.still working on resizing to add photos to posts.

Last edited by SHYNEMAN123; Nov 15, 2008, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Forgot to post the Tornador pic

Comment

Goes a lot faster with a steam cleaner.
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I enjoy doing the interior, i like experimenting with different interior dressings as well
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I don't mind doing the interior, as long as it's not too dirty. I clean the interior of my parents' cars whenever I wash them. The interior of my car usually doesn't get very dirty, so I just hit it up with a quick vacuum, wipe down plastic surfaces, spot clean, and inside windows every 2 weeks or so. I voted it's not too bad.
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                    Goes a lot faster with a steam cleaner.
                    Sounds good to me.

Sort of like the mean little green machine?
                    r. b.

Comment

I enjoy doing interior first before doing any exterior parts. . . like before washing i always do interior first until i am really satisfy then i go for wash and clean.

Comment

see below.
                        Last edited by roger 668; Apr 28, 2009, 01:50 PM. Reason: delete
                        roger

Comment

If you have pride in your work you should enjoy the challenge of of an abused interior. If you detail with a direction of progression and often enough it will be an enjoyable task.
                          roger

Comment

interiors are alright, but i really love paint care.
                            Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                            baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

on average, if you properly maintain the interior regularly, it should only take a few minutes to clean the interior...just a quick vaccuum and dust the dash and your set to go..unless of course there are any stains or anything of that sort.
                              Addicted

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');