• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region Forums

What different forums such as Pacific, Eastern, etc... to know who's in your area. From there people from say Vegas can keep in touch and notify other in specials, where to buy stuff... etc.
    this would be great... no?

Re: Region Forums

Not that it's a bad idea but we already get people complaining that we have too many forum groups as it is.

Forum member Shawn aka MaximusZTS maintains the MOL Frappr Map

Join the MOL Member Map!

Check that out...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Any update on this idea. I think it would be good so you could arrange get togethers and keep in touch, get support etc. from people in your area.
      What's everyones thoughts on this?
      Cheers,
      Angelo
      The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
      Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Not that it's a bad idea but we already get people complaining that we have too many forum groups as it is.

Forum member Shawn aka MaximusZTS maintains the MOL Frappr Map

Join the MOL Member Map!

Check that out...
        I agree w/ adding a regional forum to MOL. People that complain are just . I checked the MOL Frappr Map but didn't see anywhere on there where you can post messages. I'm not knocking MOL Frapper as I think it's cool, but I believe the benefits of a regional forum outweigh the complaints.

What do they expect with all of the products available through Meguiar's? I joined within the past month and have learned a wealth of information. Just need to look and use the search function.

Please add regional forums.

Comment

Hmmm....

Would someone like to suggest what the region titles would look like?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

For starters or something along the lines of the following.
            MOL Regional Forums
            1) United States
            a) West, b) East, c) South, d) North
            2) Europe
            3) Asia
            4) Others

Then for specific subforums for 1a would be NorCal, SoCal, PNW.

Just some thoughts and ideas.

BTW, Mike, how many moderators are there? If it gets too hectic, maybe you can assign/ask frequent members to moderate subforums.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.haributo View Post
              Mike, how many moderators are there? If it gets too hectic, maybe you can assign/ask frequent members to moderate sub-forums.
              The biggest problem is balancing this request with complaints from people there are too many forum groups.

Check them out...

The list

Part of the problem is we make a lot of product that are for very different markets and thus have their own "Product Line" category. That along with so many different aspects of this industry.

So balance is the key and I'm not sure how heavily trafficked regional forums would be, that said we're always open to suggestions and improvements to the forum.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

If some believe there are too many already, they should hide the ones they don't want to see? That's what the arrows are for.

Comment

Okay, what about adding a beta regional forum under Off Topic and testing that for a few weeks/months. If it's a hit, create a new Forum or keep it under Off Topic, and if it's not just delete it.

Comment

I can see both sides of this issue and lean slightly towards the regional idea. Would be great for discussing local problems such as weather and economical conditions facing detailers specific to their region. Forming local classes or get-togethers would be great. I understand this can still be done with the existing format,but might simplify things somewhat.This is still the detailing site that I frequent the most and will still be here no matter what is chosen.
                    Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                    317-513-4678

Comment

There appear to be so few in my region (South East) according to the Frappr Map...I would vote against the regional idea.
                      Rob A.
                      '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                      '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

It would be cool, then on the other hand, maybe too much. One could be set up with sub forums on the regional and click your area. I think I'm the only one for Northern California, the real Northern California (Yreka, near the Oregon border, at least here) I would steer away from asking questions on the regional as there would be too many topics to search for answers. But the idea of your area having sales, get togethers and whatnot would be cool. Hard to say really.
                        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I think it will be too much.

I would agree that maybe to sell or ask for a detailer around your area a region forum would be great but I guess it would be more work to our moderator that do a tremendous job right know keeping it as it is.

Comment

You don't have to visit the regional forums and if you get overwhelmed, minimize them. I agree that Mike is doing a great job maintaining the forum and if help is needed he can choose subforum moderators with limited "responsibilities." Just because there are very few in a region doesn't mean it's a bad idea to create a new forum. I'd hate to ask a specific regional post in a broader forum when it would only pertain to that region.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX88 View Post
                              There appear to be so few in my region (South East) according to the Frappr Map...I would vote against the regional idea.
                              Not everyone is on there since you have to actually go over there and "sign it."

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                              It would be cool, then on the other hand, maybe too much. One could be set up with sub forums on the regional and click your area. I think I'm the only one for Northern California, the real Northern California (Yreka, near the Oregon border, at least here) I would steer away from asking questions on the regional as there would be too many topics to search for answers. But the idea of your area having sales, get togethers and whatnot would be cool. Hard to say really.
                              I'm Nor-Cal too man!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');