• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make the dark silver pops out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make the dark silver pops out?

Hi guys,
    I've been reading the forum for quite a while and have decided to get serious with my 2 months old MINI.

I did the following in the past two days,
    1) NXT Wash
    2) Clay
    3) Couple coats of NXT Tech Wax

The wax was done by hand. And I don't have any polish in the garage at the moment so I skipped that process. I will probably get some soon. Will there be actually much difference if I polish it before putting the LSP.

Everyone tells me that the car looks great. But I find that the reflection is not as good as other colors e.g. red, black, blue ......

Is there anything I can do to enhance the reflection for the silver color, especially dark silver?

Cheers
    Stephen

Finally figure out how to attach pictures within the message.

Cheers
    Stephen
    Last edited by nx80v; Aug 2, 2004, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I just don't think you will be able to duplicate the look/depth you would get with the blacks and blues you mentioned....some polishes may help it shine more and some sealants will give it more "gloss"...but its only "waxing" when you get get down to it not painting...I have a silverstone Z (darker metallic silver gray)...and I've tried polishing (DC#2) with NXT over and looks nice....next step is going to be claying(although my paint is in good condition)...and a bit "fancier" polish (haven't made up my mind which polish tho)...but I am setting my expectations low since the color is "silver" in nature... I guess just be thankful that silver is a very low maintenace color...and envy all those shiny black cars!

Comment

I agree. The "bad" part about lighter colors is that they will never have the "depth" that darker colors will. With the proper polishing however, they can develop a "jewel like" gloss and shine (kind of like a translucent mineral like a diamond or quartz etc).

My car is a good example. Even though it's a 'darker' shade of yellow, it's still a 'light' color, but I've polished and buffed enough to where the car has a "glow" from any angle and some impressive reflections from steep angles. Just keep at it, the results will come in time.

Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');