• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will no 7 remove old waxes sealants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will no 7 remove old waxes sealants

Kinda like the title says ......... I want to strip everything and start over .

Re: Will no 7 remove old waxes sealants

No, #7 will not remove any protectant. If you are looking for something to remove the old protectant, DC1 would be the right product.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

DC1 or clay bar would do the trick, some prefer alcohol wipedown (Not me) Joe....
      Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
      ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
      (269)650-2242

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
        No, #7 will not remove any protectant. If you are looking for something to remove the old protectant, DC1 would be the right product.
        Actually, anytime you rub the surface of paint with any type of material and a chemical, anything on the paint is getting rubbed at the same time. Rubbing is friction and if you take this concept to the extremes then ask yourself this question, Is rubbing paint adding wax or removing wax?

Doesn't matter what chemical you use in fact you can rub a waxed painted surface with a wash rag and some water and the rubbing action of the cloth against the surface lubricated by the water is going to act to remove any wax on the surface even though water is not sold or recommended as a wax remover.

Make sense?

#7 is not a wax remover and not created to remove wax, but if you take this product with some kind of material and rub paint with it chances are that this rubbing action will tend to rub off any wax on the the surface.

A better way to clean paint is to use the right product for the job and that's a paint cleaner. To help people understand what we mean when we talk about "cleaning the paint" we wrote an article about it here,

The words Clean and Cleaning as defined by Meguiar's terminology

Also, read my first reply to a recent, similar thread here,

Does #7 Remove Wax?

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Remember, when you RUB anything over any kind of surface, for example if your hands are dirty and you get them wet with water and then use one hand to rub the other hand you will to some degree clean the dirt off your hands even if you never had soap in the mix. It's the water and the rubbing action doing the cleaning and no cleaners or abrasives are involved at all.

Heck the Grand Canyon was carved out with water.

#7 is a pure polish, there are no ingredients in this product with the intended purpose to abrade or clean paint, that's a fact. And unless you hear from the chemist that create the formula, anything else you read by someone outside of this company is speculation.

So if you want to strip your car's paint and start with a fresh base, then use a product like one of these,

Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
        M09 Swirl Remover 2.0
        ScratchX

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Fallz View Post
          I want to strip everything and start over .
          What's everything?
          What are you working on?
          Are you working by hand or machine?
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I just got a bottle of DC1. It is a fantastic product to own that I always use after buffing the paint to finish up the surface before appling any glaze or wax.

What I am curious about, is what would be the professional line version of DC1 (non-abrasive paint cleaner)? I know Medallion Paint Cleaner use to be its counterpart, but that isn't available anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
              What I am curious about, is what would be the professional line version of DC1 (non-abrasive paint cleaner)? I know Medallion Paint Cleaner use to be its counterpart, but that isn't available anymore
              Probably the closest in gentleness and effectiveness would be the #9 Swirl Remover 2.0

#9 is a cleaner/polish and DCPC is a dedicated paint cleaner but the effect and results will about the same when used by hand.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I've always wondered, is MPPC close to DC1? Where does it fit in?
                Chris
                Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
                  I've always wondered, is MPPC close to DC1? Where does it fit in?
                  From my experience, MPPC quite a bit stronger. It was one of my favorite cleaners as I used it often!! Too bad it was discontinued....

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    Probably the closest in gentleness and effectiveness would be the #9 Swirl Remover 2.0

#9 is a cleaner/polish and DCPC is a dedicated paint cleaner but the effect and results will about the same when used by hand.
                    Just curious.
                    You would go with #9 rather than #82?
                    I thought #82 was part of the "new" Meguiar's system.
                    Obviously, you have a reason for preferring #9. Would you mind sharing it?
                    Charles
                    The Rainmaker

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                      From my experience, MPPC quite a bit stronger. It was one of my favorite cleaners as I used it often!! Too bad it was discontinued....

Tim
                      I agree on all points! That was a great paint cleaner.
                      Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesW View Post
                        Just curious.
                        I have the same question. From my research, they seem to be very similar products and I haven't found anything to distinguish them.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesW View Post
                          Just curious.
                          No problemo...

1. M09 is available in 16 ounce bottles while the smallest bottle of M82 available is a 32 ounce bottle.

2. M09 can be found in both Hard Parts stores and PBE stores so it more widely available and easier to find.

Our recommendation had less to do with the product because the results you'll get from them are pretty much the same, our recommendation had more to do with size, price and availability.

We didn't ask the member how much product he needed or wanted, so we should have probably done that, besides that though, either product will work for what he wants to do.

Good question...
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I have #9 on hand .

I'm using a PC with the usual misc. pads

Comment

So, which one would you choose if you didn't have access locally
                              but had to order on line. Just curious since I'll be purchasing soon
                              when the G110 is available?

Thanks,
                              Wig

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');