• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum search problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum search problem

Hello everybody,

Maybe it's just me but the Meguiars code's for the products don't work in the forum search. If I want to search for M26, M82, M21, UQD, QD, #82, #21 etc etc the search option doesn't find a thing.

Because these codes represent a Meguiars product it would be very handy to search with these code's if your interested in a product like M82.
    Am I the only one with this problem or more people?

Greetings Peter.

Re: Forum search problem

Here's something I posted in the old/new forum. It should help you search better.

I am sure everyone knows how to use Google, but did you know you can use it to search a specific website also?

I was just looking for a post and thought, I bet a lot of people don't know you can do this. It's super handy.

If you were looking for posts on #80, then what you want to do is type the following in to the Google search bar "#80 site:http://meguiarsonline.com" .

For other items you're searching for, just replace the #80 with what ever you want to search for. You can also click on the advanced search option and type the domain name in there and get more options.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
      Here's something I posted in the old/new forum. It should help you search better.

I am sure everyone knows how to use Google, but did you know you can use it to search a specific website also?

I was just looking for a post and thought, I bet a lot of people don't know you can do this. It's super handy.

If you were looking for posts on #80, then what you want to do is type the following in to the Google search bar "#80 site:http://meguiarsonline.com" .

For other items you're searching for, just replace the #80 with what ever you want to search for. You can also click on the advanced search option and type the domain name in there and get more options.
      Nice!

The search feature seems to have changed on the forum recently and this helps a lot!

Thanks!
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

The problem you are having is because the word you are trying to search is too shots and the forum has parameters to try to filter and try to give your a better search results, it has happened to me

Comment

Try adding the size of the container to the part number for the product, for example instead of searching for M83 search for M8332

Instead of searching for #7 try searching for M0716

I try to write out the correct part numbers in many of my replies especially if it has pertinent information.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thx Mike for the tip, not aware of the size of the search word

Comment

Originally posted by Peer81 View Post
              Hello everybody,

Maybe it's just me but the Meguiar's code's for the products don't work in the forum search. If I want to search for M26, M82, M21, UQD, QD, #82, #21 etc etc the search option doesn't find a thing.

Because these codes represent a Meguiar's product it would be very handy to search with these code's if your interested in a product like M82.
              Am I the only one with this problem or more people?

Greetings Peter.

Hey Peter,

Look what you caused...

3 Letter Searching Now Enabled!

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yea!
                Rasky's Auto Detailing