• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UQD application techniques?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UQD application techniques?

Hi all,
    I was just wondering what application techniques you use to apply UQD. Ive been using between waxes after I wash my truck to remove any water spots and give some protection.

I use two MF towels, I spray a small amount on one towel to moisten it, then a few sprays on a section of the truck spread it around with the moistened towel then dry off immediately with the dry MF towel. I do not let the product sit on the paint or dry.

Is this the proper technique? I ask because it feels like I'm just spraying it on and wiping it off, is any product being applied to the vehicle?

On a side not Ive been a gold class user but I got the gift set and tried the NXT 2.0 and I was very impressed with its slickness and ease of wipe off, I used an ultimate wipe for the "cutting power" then a slow wipe of a MF towel. I did get some minor streaking which Im blaming on not letting it dry throughly but do to trying to wax in the winter its what I get. Just took a little more buffing on those spots. One of my car friends commented on the difference one day and I told him about 2.0
    2007 2500 SILVERADO HD BLACK
    2008 Tahoe White
    Beaufort,S.C

Re: UQD application techniques?

Originally posted by mako20C View Post
    Hi all,
    I was just wondering what application techniques you use to apply UQD. Ive been using between waxes after I wash my truck to remove any water spots and give some protection.

I use two MF towels, I spray a small amount on one towel to moisten it, then a few sprays on a section of the truck spread it around with the moistened towel then dry off immediately with the dry MF towel. I do not let the product sit on the paint or dry.

Is this the proper technique? I ask because it feels like I'm just spraying it on and wiping it off, is any product being applied to the vehicle?
    Spray and wipe it off, it doesn't get any simpler then that however you may want to try drying you ride first, and that use UQD to take care of any streaks that remain.
    ---
    Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

, and fyi, NXT 2.0 & UQD, the most amazing combo to date, is pretty much equivalent to the old NXT 1 & Tech Wax Spray.

Comment

i do try it with a water magnet then uqd.
        2007 2500 SILVERADO HD BLACK
        2008 Tahoe White
        Beaufort,S.C

Comment

Wipe on, wipe off. The instructions on the bottle state not to let it dry.
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

FWIW, I spray on an area, spread product around with my Meguiars microfiber towel, turn over and wipe off. I love the stuff, I think it extends the protection of the wax and I spray it on the back windows of my Yukon and dirt build up decreased, or so it seems

Just don't let it dry and it's not to be used as a lubricant for claying.

Aaron
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
              FWIW, I spray it on the back windows of my Yukon and dirt build up decreased, or so it seems

Aaron
              I've also used it on clean glass while I'm doing the paint. Kinda sorta like rainX.
              Just be sure you have a clean and dry side for final wipe.
              on, people!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');