• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rep power?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rep power?

Huh wierd. Maybe mine are from one of the older forums and that's why they don't show up in my user CP. Anyway, thanks for the answer.
    Jason

Comment

What if the person is a cut, copy, paste, poster...?
      Does that mean he has knowledge and experience...?
      (IMO) post counts, rep power, means nothing someone who shows their work in pictures, speaks volumes.
      I apologize if I sound angry, I'm not just making a point..!!!
      Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
      ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
      (269)650-2242

Comment

Hmm that's an interesting thought. I can definately see your point there. If that's the case, though, I don't know anything about detailing because I don't ever post before/after pictures...
        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

You could post 100 times a day or more, but that doesn't mean you know what your talking about. And some post really have nothing to do with knowledge or experience.
          (This is very apparent on a lot of forums..... not so much here on MOL.)

As for posting pictures, a lot of the time it just gives me an idea of how good or bad something has been done, not necessarily enough information to pass judgment on someones work. For me that would have to be done in person. Although, most often pictures can show the bad more easily.

You can see by my Rep Power that what I have written above really amounts to hogwash.....

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's detailing View Post
            What if the person is a cut, copy, paste, poster...?
            Does that mean he has knowledge and experience...?
            (IMO) post counts, rep power, means nothing someone who shows their work in pictures, speaks volumes.
            I apologize if I sound angry, I'm not just making a point..!!!
            This has always been a confusing topic.

Could not have said it better myself Joe!

I believe that new people to the site may equate the rep power erranously with actual experience rather than someone just cutting/pasting/posting links etc. Proof is in the pudding so to speak

I will look into exactly what gives rep power when I talk with the webmaster, but I believe it is the number of posts.

So for now I will close this thread until I find out more....

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');