• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need something just a little more agressive than DACP #83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need something just a little more agressive than DACP #83

I bought a PC and used DACP #83 with the W-8006 pad on my guards red Carrera 4S. Clay bared the surface first with a Clay Magic fine bar. Not impressed with Clay Magic. I thought my old Mothers bar was better on the Tahoe I did last week. Then I used the PC with the #83 and then the NXT and was for the most part very impressed with the results. Totally took out the swirls. The car looks very liquid and deep. Wish I would have bought a PC years ago!!!!!! This process took out so many more microscratches than it left, but there are some that still remain. What would the next, slightly more aggressive product be? Or could I use the Meguairs cutting pad with DACP to get some of these scratches out? Sorry no pics yet. My garage does not have flourescent lights and its night time.
    After a while the pad got heavy wet, it was hard to keep it on the backing plate. I probably used too much product but I do feel that the backing plate needs more bite on the back of the pad.

Here's a quick photo:
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Tim. Guards Red was not my first choice, but it is now. I love the color

Comment

Randy, Nice Ride! Love that Guardsman Red.

It's often hard to tell from digital photos whether the paint is good or great, but I can see what you're talking about. The finish is shiny by lacks depth and real gloss.

I've got the PC as well and it works great on the small stuff. Anything you can feel with you fingernail is more than likely going to require a rotary buffer in a professional's hands.

I've found that the best way to achieve maximum depth with the PC is to always finish with the least agressive product you can get your hands on and a very soft finishing pad.

Not bashing M's products at all, but with that awesome german auto you might want to try Einzett's 1z Metalic Polish followed by NXT. This polish is specially formulated for the softer german finishes.

Good Luck!
        Life's short, put the top down!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');