• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's New Detailer Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also been getting the run around,Just ordered sec. bottles and squirters and about 6 different products including hyper dressing from the detailer line.The bottles and squirters leak, no pump for the hyper dressing.I called Meguiar's about my concerns and they had no answers for me and i was told a rep in my area would contact me which has not happened .I can say i am not a happy camper these days. Any answers mike?

Comment

Reguarding the aggressive clay. At the Arizona detail day when Mike Pennington was talking about clay's he said to stay away from the aggressive bar unless you planed on buffing the car afterwards. So I think they're best left for more extreme reconditioning.

The mild detailer bars seem to be safely just a little bit more aggressive than the quick clay bars. I've had great results with them. In fact I just about a week ago finally got one of the new ones (I had still been using one of the old yellow ones) and they are really a good clay bar.
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Got it. Thanks rick.

Comment

Two questions:

1) Are you suppose to get a hand pump and/or secondary bottles when ordering gallons? I ordered Last Touch and APC and didn't get any (on a side note, my cap on my Last Touch was not on tight, and quite a good bit was spilled out all in the box, I called customer service and they were very nice and offered to send me a replacement ).

2) How can you order 5 gallons bottles? I tried putting in the item number on Meguiars.com (APC for example) and it told me invalid item number

Comment

How to dilute the dilutable products in the Detailer Line.

First you fill the bottle with water to the dilution level you want. In the below example we have chose 4:1 and the 4:1 is circled. That's the line/level we filled the empty bottle to with water. Where the line is pointing to a seam in the plastic is where you're going to add water for all products that you dilute.

Next, you add your product till you reach the seam or ridge where the finger is pointing,

Then you shake that bottle vigorously until you have completely mixed the water with the Super Degreaser.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
              So far I havnt recieved any hand pump with any of my orders. I keep getting, "we are working on it".
              Hi Joe,

Have you recieved any pumps yet?

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by popiah
                One question, how aggressive is the C2100? I am worried that it might be strong enough to leave some marks on my clear coat. Thanks.
                Yes, the C-2100 is strong enough to mar the finish. We don't recommend the C-2100 Aggressive clay for enthusiasts. For professional use it's okay because in most cases, professionals are going to machine clean and polish the finish after claying and any marring from the claying process will be removed.

The C-2000 Mild Clay is safe enough for use by enthusiasts and used correctly shouldn't mar the finish.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by mtp78
                  I also been getting the run around,Just ordered sec. bottles and squirter's and about 6 different products including hyper dressing from the detailer line.The bottles and squirters leak, no pump for the hyper dressing.I called Meguiar's about my concerns and they had no answers for me and i was told a rep in my area would contact me which has not happened .I can say i am not a happy camper these days. Any answers mike?
                  I have a phone call in about this problem as I type. I was told the problems were being addressed, I'll find out exactly where were at with the leaky bottles and the hand pumps and post an update today.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by n2_space
                    Two questions:

1) Are you suppose to get a hand pump and/or secondary bottles when ordering gallons? I ordered Last Touch and APC and didn't get any (on a side note, my cap on my Last Touch was not on tight, and quite a good bit was spilled out all in the box, I called customer service and they were very nice and offered to send me a replacement ).

2) How can you order 5 gallons bottles? I tried putting in the item number on Meguiar's.com (APC for example) and it told me invalid item number
                    The only products in the Detailer line that are supposed to come with the hand pumps are the Hyper Wash and the Hyper Dressing. This is because these two product are so concentrated that they are extremely thick and difficult to pour out of a bottle, thus the hand pump. All of the other product can be used with a Meguiar's spout. You can use a hand pump with the other products, but they don't automatically come with the hand pump.

I have a phone call in to see if it's possible to make the hand pump a part number that can be ordered. At this time, it cannot be ordered as a stand-alone item.

Mike
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,
                      I noticed in your pictures of clay there is blue (mild) and red (aggressive). What is the white? (fine). That's what I have, bought it at the P&B where I get my products from.
                      TIA
                      Mark
                      2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
                      AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
                      1st Place-Best Overall Detail
                      3rd Place-Best of Show
                      March 26th, 2011

Comment

Have you recieved any pumps yet?
                        Yes
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Still have'nt gotten my pumps yet, I called again last week and was told i am suppouse to get them

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McGuire
                            Mike,
                            I noticed in your pictures of clay there is blue (mild) and red (aggressive). What is the white? (fine). That's what I have, bought it at the P&B where I get my products from.
                            TIA
                            Mark
                            Hi Mark,

If you purchased the C-2000 in the Professional Line and it's white than it's the old formula.

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hey Mark,

Just to add to Mike's,

Is this the one? I liked using this clay!!!

Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hey Tim,
                                Yep that's the one. So this is a mild clay and not the aggressive one? I don't think I would want to use aggressive.
                                Thanks for the anwsers Tim, Mike.
                                2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
                                AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
                                1st Place-Best Overall Detail
                                3rd Place-Best of Show
                                March 26th, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');