• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScratchX - Before & After Extreme Makeover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScratchX - Before & After Extreme Makeover!

This is a copy of a thread originally posted on what is now the old forum, it makes the point so well that in some situations removing the below surface defects to an acceptable level that it will require multiple applications that we copied it here to our permanent vB forum.

As should be, due credit given to the original poster, member 04SI

Originally posted by 04SI
    ScratchX Extreme Makeover
    (This link takes you to the original thread on the CS forum)

Picked up this rare seat cowl for my 1986 Suzuki GSX-R 750 on eBay. It looked a little rough but it was really cheap.

BEFORE - Actual picture from eBay auction.

AFTER

Process

Step 1 - Wash
    Step 2 - Clay
    Step 3 - ScratchX
    Step 4 - ScratchX
    Step 5 - ScratchX
    Step 6 - ScratchX
    Step 7 - #7 Glaze
    Step 8 - NXT Wax

The lesson here is that sometimes in order to completely remove defects like swirls and scratches, you may need to apply multiple applications of ScratchX in order to remove enough paint to level or flatten out the surface and in essence remove the defects.

It also requires that you,

"put a little passion behind the pad"

ScratchX works if you work ScratchX, it's not a WOWO product, (Wipe On, Wipe Off, pronounced whoa whoa), it's a WOWI product, (Wipe On, Work In, pronounced wow wee)

A big thank you to 04SI for taking the time to take these photos, document his work and then share it with our community.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: ScratchX - Before & After Extreme Makeover!

Did you do that by hand?

Comment

Yep, he did it by hand. If you read his post in the link to the original thread, he says so there.

...Amazing work!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Is it just me, or are the pictures not there? Edit: nevermind. They're there now.

That was a job very well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

This is a copy of a thread originally posted on what is now the old forum, it makes the point so well that in some situations removing the below surface defects to an acceptable level that it will require multiple applications that we copied it here to our permanent vB forum.

As should be, due credit given to the original poster, member 04SI

The lesson here is that sometimes in order to completely remove defects like swirls and scratches, you may need to apply multiple applications of ScratchX in order to remove enough paint to level or flatten out the surface and in essence remove the defects.

It also requires that you,

"put a little passion behind the pad"

ScratchX works if you work ScratchX, it's not a WOWO product, (Wipe On, Wipe Off, pronounced whoa whoa), it's a WOWI product, (Wipe On, Work In, pronounced wow wee)

A big thank you to 04SI for taking the time to take these photos, document his work and then share it with our community.

I was wondering why the buttons on the front are black in the after picture and white in the before picture.

Comment

Originally posted by 02BlueLightning View Post
            I was wondering why the buttons on the front are black in the after picture and white in the before picture.
            Don't see any white buttons?

See some reflections that might be what you're seeing?

We'll e-mail the guy that did this and have him reply to you.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 02BlueLightning View Post
              Its the holes in the bottom....look at what the piece is sitting on in both pictures, one is dark and one is light. Thats where our seeing the white and black.

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                Its the holes in the bottom....look at what the piece is sitting on in both pictures, one is dark and one is light. Thats where our seeing the white and black.

Ryan
                We've e-mailed the original poster of this thread and asked him to chime in.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Wax?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');